Qualifiers for the Champions league tonight

With the greatest respect to CSKA, playing them for a third straight season would be beyond dull. Plus the weather in Russia, and the potential for a plastic pitch, makes that a draw I certainly don't want.
Well drawing Astana would be 2 times worse. A city closer to Beijing than Paris.

CSKA are a fucking nightmare tie - stupid visa, freezing cold, miles a way, they're not really in Europe are they? can we just draw a line round Poland and Ukraine and be done with it
While Moscow is fully located in Europe, as are Istanbul clubs. I think Eurasian countries should be limited. I don't agree with a Far Eastern Russian or a far Eastern Turkish club competing in Europe, because they shouldn't be competing in the same continent where the capital is located of the same country. Same thing here with Kazakhstan. Geographically, a small chunk of Kazakhstan is in Europe, Astana is not European whatsover. So I think there should be something to regulate this.

Astana would be worth it for the pure adventure of it all (and we should win home and away).
Indeed - I can see certain issues trying to get that trip past the Domestic CFO - "where the f**k is kazakhstan?????"

3700 miles by road or 9 hrs by plane

While Moscow is fully located in Europe, as are Istanbul clubs. I think Eurasian countries should be limited. I don't agree with a Far Eastern Russian or a far Eastern Turkish club competing in Europe, because they shouldn't be competing in the same continent where the capital is located of the same country. Same thing here with Kazakhstan. Geographically, a small chunk of Kazakhstan is in Europe, Astana is not European whatsover. So I think there should be something to regulate this.
Fenerbache are on the Asian side of Istanbul IIRC. But they didn't qualify this year.

How long from the draw until,we find out when we play the home and away, there are only two dates I can do aways so I'm hoping they drop right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.