QUEEN ON NOW 1975 CONCERT BBC 2 !

jimharri said:
Banned Tosspot said:
Must be proud that it sold a few more than Mull of Kintyre eh?

A lot of people like poor music. I bet you just love E.L.O.
ELO were okay-ish at times, "piss poor" at others. Prefer the likes of the Beatles, the Stones, Led Zep, the Eagles, Genesis (with Gabriel) etc etc.
ELO had 3 good singles - Mr Blue Sky, Living Thing and Sweet Talking Woman.

The Rolling Stones are superb - heard Paint It Black on the radio the other day and could not believe it when the DJ said it was released in 1966. 43 years old and still a cracking play on the ears.

Banned Tosspot said:
Rock for people who think they like rock.

What utter shite that is ^^^^^^

Queen, in the time that programme was made, were as valid a 'rock' band as Zeppelin, Sabbath, Purple etc. Their audience was made up of rock fans of such bands....as you can clearly see by the crowd in that film last night. I remember those early tours well.....supporting Mott The Hoople, The Palace Theatre gig, Two shows in one night at the Free Trade Hall....fantastic rock band in those days.
It was only after Day At The Races/News Of The World albums that a lot of rock fans started leaving their audience to be replaced by a more pop based crowd.

Gaudino said:
Banned Tosspot said:
Rock for people who think they like rock.

Queen, in the time that programme was made, were as valid a 'rock' band as Zeppelin, Sabbath, Purple etc. Their audience was made up of rock fans of such bands....as you can clearly see by the crowd in that film last night. I remember those early tours well.....supporting Mott The Hoople, The Palace Theatre gig, Two shows in one night at the Free Trade Hall....fantastic rock band in those days.
It was only after Day At The Races/News Of The World albums that a lot of rock fans started leaving their audience to be replaced by a more pop based crowd.
Nope, Queen were shite and Brian May is vastly overrated.

How you can say Sabbath in the same post, I'll never know.

i grew up having to listen to queen, so i have a soft spot for them. the noodley guitar solo should have been edited out, as may is no jimmy page. and what the fook were all the musical montages about? just play one song please!

freddie is a fantastic performer tho.

Banned Tosspot said:
Gaudino said:

I think you'll find that Queens first LP sat between Led Zeps, Black Sabbaths and Deep Purples albums in the 'Progressive' section of all good record stores in the early 70's.

mr t said:
Banned Tosspot said:

I think you'll find that Queens first LP sat between Led Zeps, Black Sabbaths and Deep Purples albums in the 'Progressive' section of all good record stores in the early 70's.
Progressive rock?

Those other bands you mention are better than that 'label'

Banned Tosspot said:
Gaudino said:

BT, you didn't like them....fine. But like them or not, your claim that they weren't somehow a 'real' rock band, and certainly percieved and classed by rock fans back then as one, is simply wrong. I was around then and they most certainly were.....
I loved Sabbath too back then, as did many of my mates, and they and a good deal of others, liked Queen too. They were seen as contemporaries both by fans and music press too.
As for your thoughts on May's abilities, again, like his style or not, it was a unique sound he developed for himself, and quite clever too given the technology around in the early 70's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.