QUEEN ON NOW 1975 CONCERT BBC 2 !

Gaudino said:
Banned Tosspot said:
Nope, Queen were shite and Brian May is vastly overrated.

How you can say Sabbath in the same post, I'll never know.

BT, you didn't like them....fine. But like them or not, your claim that they weren't somehow a 'real' rock band, and certainly percieved and classed by rock fans back then as one, is simply wrong. I was around then and they most certainly were.....
I loved Sabbath too back then, as did many of my mates, and they and a good deal of others, liked Queen too. They were seen as contemporaries both by fans and music press too.
As for your thoughts on May's abilities, again, like his style or not, it was a unique sound he developed for himself, and quite clever too given the technology around in the early 70's.

Queen led the way in terms of taking live performances to the next level..from breaking the records the number of light rigs, to crowd interaction. They proudly announced on all their early records " no synthesisers"..they were pure rock. for me it was The Game/Hot Space where they left their rock roots and moved into the pop arena..A Kind of Magic being the moment where they officially reinvented themselves as a pop/rock band.

They made some ground breaking rock music, but soon realised that there USP was their ability to connect with a crowd in a live gig...the best example being when they strolled onto the stage at Live Aid, and stole the show.

I was a big Queen fan when I was younger, and TBH a lot of the stuff sounds a bit dated nowadays, but they WERE an important band, and were pioneers for live music, as well as making innovative studio albums

He was a top frontman and they did some great stuff, but Sabbath and /DC were(are the dogs nads) on the rock front.

Now wheres me 'eadfones/youtube for some War Pigs,awesome.

Gaudino said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
How can you not like this??

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvL7-9RVGE[/youtube]

Even if you don't like it.....it's nothing if not a ROCK song.
I discussed this thread with my friend Blue2112 last night. He is Rock itself and his view on Queen as Rock were close to mine.

He's still a **** though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.