Question for all USA based Blues.... Genuine request for help!!

I was visiting London from California on the opening day of the 2007/2008 season and City were away at West Ham. I went to Upton Park hoping I could buy a ticket near the ground. However, I couldn't find anyone selling and I also didn't want to get binned by the police for illegally soliciting a ticket. At this point, I figured I'll just go to a local pub and watch on the screen there. Only, as you have quite rightly pointed out, not all of the matches are shown in the UK. While still figuring out what to do after checking a few pubs, I heard a roar from inside the ground. Unable to find out what had happened, I resorted to calling my brother back in Oregon, who was watching live on tv. He duly informed me that Bianchi had scored in his first City match. Now, I feel lucky that virtually all of the matches are shown live to my living room, even though that often means waking up at 4:30 am for the privilege. Incidentally, I did end up getting in to the ground at the Etihad in February, 2009 for City v. Middlesboro.

Mate, it's no different now when we're televised in the UK and a var decision is announced. Somebody in the crowd pulls out a BT sport or Sky app and we see the replays in the ground.... Replays that are not shown on the stadium screens for reasons that people who do not attend matches make up.

Very straightforward. Stick it in the USB port on your telly, get it set up on your Wi-Fi network and then when you’re browsing on Chrome or various apps on your phone/tablet/laptop, you’ll see a little “Cast” icon that streams whatever you’re watching onto your TV

Currently using this same workaround for HBO Max since they also pied off their old Roku app

Cheers pal
I started this process yesterday but had to go out, struggling to connect the chromecast to the internet atm

Only the games that last season were shown on NBC Gold are now on Peacock.

The (UK time) Saturday 12.30pm, one 3pm and 5.30pm along with Sunday 1pm and 4pm are still on NBCSN / NBC.

Gold was $50 a season and Peacock for the games is now $4.99 a month. City were only in Gold maybe 4 times last season so will just subscribe for the months we are on

Thanks much Screamer! Hopefully we will see same this season as I don’t want to mess around with this screen mirroring crap!
Again, hopefully Peacock will do a deal with Roku n Fire as they’ve been negotiating for months it appears!
How’s life there since you left sunny Florida??

Yeah NBC gold is no more. Wasn't worth it as City were more often than not on the NBC Sports channel anyway. But now this changes with Peacock. It's ok for me as I have Xfinity who owns NBC anyway so I can get the games streamed. Just don't know how it will work with Chromecast or Roku etc. I'm sure there will be a way. Just don't know it yet. I'm sure there are more knowledgeable folks on here who will know though.

I have a solution Bongo, it’s just a pain in the arse !

OK fellow Blues, as we all know NBCSN have decided in their infinite fkin wisdom, that the EPL will now be shown on their Peacock App and its not available on ROKU or Fire TV's & of course that what i have all over my house!!

So i have heard there is a way to stream Peacock App onto ROKU via Chromecast, can anybody provide me with "An idiots guide" to do this?

Genuine panic setting in now as the season (for us) is 2 weeks away now :-(

Thanks in advance !

Peacock is available through Apple TV ( I know cause I have had to install it due to NBC Sports Gold no longer showing it).

Pretty sure the Apple TV app is available on Roku and Fire devices

Only the games that last season were shown on NBC Gold are now on Peacock.

The (UK time) Saturday 12.30pm, one 3pm and 5.30pm along with Sunday 1pm and 4pm are still on NBCSN / NBC.

Gold was $50 a season and Peacock for the games is now $4.99 a month. City were only in Gold maybe 4 times last season so will just subscribe for the months we are on

I just checked the schedule Screamer
There is a lot of our games on fkin Peacock !!
Including our game with Wolves FFS

It's easy enough, you'll actually be watching on the iPad or computer and casting it to the telly is all. Download the peacock app on your weapon of choice (ipad, etc) and when you have whatever you are watching on the screen you'll see a little 'cast' icon (like this)
google_cast_icon_update_02.png

Hit that and it'll throw the picture to the telly...you'll have to set up the chromecast device first, it's simple enough just plug it in to the back of the TV and follow the instructions. Bob's yer uncle, I've watched many a game this way via shadys rivers (thanks mucker ;)

Cheers TFC!!

Reactions: TFC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.