Question for Ric

Yeah don't disagree with you - how it usually works is someone hits the report button and we Mods get a notification that there is a report. We read the comment and go to the thread via a link given.
The comment in question is worthy of deleting because it is racist / sexist / homophobic / off topic etc etc etc so we delete it and then the poster - like you says ''but what about the comment on the page before, that was worse than mine'' and they are most likely correct, but if one of us Mods don't see it and no one else reports it then it stays up there. I've been a Mod for over 10 years and have never been in the Womens team forum, barely in the politics thread and don't think ive been in the players performance thread and very rarely the match day thread. Many Mods will be the same so there may be many comments that should be removed for a whole host of reasons, but unless reported we Mods have no idea they are in there!

cheers no problem, i appreciate the response and the job you guys do.

i'm head of development in a data/software company so i have an inkling of the scope.

Yeah don't disagree with you - how it usually works is someone hits the report button and we Mods get a notification that there is a report. We read the comment and go to the thread via a link given.
The comment in question is worthy of deleting because it is racist / sexist / homophobic / off topic etc etc etc so we delete it and then the poster - like you says ''but what about the comment on the page before, that was worse than mine'' and they are most likely correct, but if one of us Mods don't see it and no one else reports it then it stays up there. I've been a Mod for over 10 years and have never been in the Womens team forum, barely in the politics thread and don't think ive been in the players performance thread and very rarely the match day thread. Many Mods will be the same so there may be many comments that should be removed for a whole host of reasons, but unless reported we Mods have no idea they are in there!
Stop wasting time watching quiz shows and pay attention to ur job ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.