Question

Robbo. said:
cathkin said:
Excuse my ignorance lads, but where did the expression "Rag" originate from when referring to the other lot?

in your case its McRag!!

I find that quite offensive pal, and not very informative. Suppose if you were a real City man you would be able to tell me right enough!!!!!

The term originates from the 1947 to 1949 seasons, when Utd didn't have extra shirts so they played in the same kits. They began to look a bit worn, hence 'rags'.

Nice to see a long standing member here who doesn't normally post much.

desmond....good old irish name isnt it? now take your balaclava off and get tucked under your ronaldo duvet...plastic.

cathkin said:
Robbo. said:
in your case its McRag!!

I find that quite offensive pal, and not very informative. Suppose if you were a real City man you would be able to tell me right enough!!!!!

sorry mate!! didnt mean to offend, i have a few mates who are scot's and i have the crack with them. If it did offend you then i appologise.

mammutly said:
The term originates from the 1947 to 1949 seasons, when Utd didn't have extra shirts so they played in the same kits. They began to look a bit worn, hence 'rags'.

Nice to see a long standing member here who doesn't normally post much.

Thanks to you! I spend too much time looking at what you lads are saying rather than posting. Only news i get is from here, official webste and M.E.N.
Still gonna have words with that cheeky wee chunt Robbo!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.