Questions from RAWK

What did you think of the opening game against Spurs? I thought it was great tactics to give Joe Hart as much practice as possible in our first half practise session. The second half was used to perfect our passing game, next game will be shooting practise.

And Liverpool's against Arsenal, if you saw it? I had better things to do.

What are your expectations for this season? Care to predict where you'll come in the league and how far you'll get in the three cup competitions? I expect the usual roller coaster of a season..a few highs followed by a low, i think we may well toss the league cup aside...win the F.A. cup and the Europa we will need the luck to win it as there are so many games, although i do think we are the best team in it. oh and we can win the league..

Who do you think is your most important player(s)?
Hart Tevez
Your worst player(s)?we aint got any bad ones

Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our clubs? Getting knocked out of the FA cup at Maine rd, seem to remember some dodgy refs decision and i was gutted. Say something that happened to you that day or a decision you disagreed with? answered in previous

Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about? Weiss (not sure if he's out on Loan)

What sort of line-up will be put out against us? A big blue and white one

Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require an explanation? something about 'looking in a dustbin for something to eat..'

Which Liverpool player will you fear the most? Tommy Smith

Apart from Torres and Gerrard, any Liverpool players you'd fancy pulling on the City shirt?
No
Care to predict the score?
4 0

Once more thanks to all who replied. You can read the thread on RAWK here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=262150.msg7299334#new" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... 299334#new</a>

Just had a look at the thread on RAWK and overall it's pretty fair tbh.

Don't want to have a dig at Liverpool fans as this thread is meant to be friendly... but seriously.. this one made me piss with it's total lack of any irony...

"Always amuses me when rival fans say "the so-called top four".

It's not "so-called", Liverpool, the Mancs, Chelsea, and Arsenal ARE the top four in this league, simply because they always have been. Man City have billions, have spent over £300m, but are not a top four side. No need to be arsey about it, it's just a fact."

Has anyone got the heart to wake him up and tell him where they finished last season?

;-)

One of them scousers said we might have a better squad,but their first 11 is miles better than ours...........and some people call us deluded.I'd take Gerrard and Torres at the moment for 1 reason only.I haven't seen enough of Yaya and Balotelli and that's it.

Ric said:
As with last season, RAWK have sent through some questions ahead of the game next Monday. If anyone fancies responding just leave your answers below.

Cheers,
Ric

What did you think of the opening game against Spurs?

Good point against our bogey team and an improvement on last year.

And Liverpool's against Arsenal, if you saw it?

Didn't see enough to make a fair comment

What are your expectations for this season? Care to predict where you'll come in the league and how far you'll get in the three cup competitions?

Would be very happy with 3rd in league and win any cup !!

Yaya Toure

Your worst player(s)?

Wayne Bridge

Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our clubs? Say something that happened to you that day or a decision you disagreed with?

Too young to go far back but the two draws last year were frustrating to say the least.

Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about?

Weiss and Boyata look class for their age.

What sort of line-up will be put out against us?

Quite similar to spurs but with Boateng at RB and either Ade/Balo supporting Tevez.

Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require an explanation?

Two words - BLUE MOOOOONNN ;)

Which Liverpool player will you fear the most?

Torres on his day is best striker in the world.

Apart from Torres and Gerrard, any Liverpool players you'd fancy pulling on the City shirt?

I've always been a fan of Babel - dont know why.

2-1 to the blues !!!

citygirl77 said:
Ric Pleases don't think I'm THICK but not in know with abbrev: or jargon busting, slowly picking them up BUT what is RAWK
glad you asked tha tas i did not have a clue either

Good point, not many will get one at WHL this season. Hart was exceptional as were Kolo Toure and Kompany. Also it wasn't three DM's! Yaya and Barry were getting forwards especially in the second half. We looked very comfortable on the ball.

Both looked average imo, Liverpool picked up after going a man down and Arsenal seemed to forget they needed to shoot.

What are your expectations for this season? Care to predict where you'll come in the league and how far you'll get in the three cup competitions?

3rd
Carling Cup final
Europa league final
FA Cup semi's

Yes I'm optimistic.

Tevez, Yaya Toure and the new fullbacks if they get themselves fit

Your worst player(s)?

Stuart Taylor, God help us if Given goes and Hart gets injured.
Jo's not up to much but I'm pretty happy with the rest, no doubt Richards will be on a lot of peoples lists though.

Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our clubs? Say something that happened to you that day or a decision you disagreed with?

Kiki Musampa volley, 1-0.

Nimley, Guidetti and Ibrahim

4-3-3 I imagine.

Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require an explanation?

Bluemoon and Fergie, sign him up :)

Gerrard

Erm we've come a long way in recent years honestly I think it's only Mascherano and I like Agger.

2-0 :)

they were really in the top 4 even when they spent a decade in the second tier before Littlewoods bought them top flight status and lots of trophies

but of course they have some sort of god given right to be there and fuck competition lol

Reletivly pleased with the result, to get a draw at the lane is a great result. Joe Hart had a blinder!

Didn't get to see it but I saw your game against Trabzonspor, played some decent football at times with Cole linking up the play quite nicely, unfortunately for you he won't be eligable to play on Monday.

Praying for at least a final in either the FA or League Cup, and 3rd in the league with Arsenal to take fifth.

Carlos Tevez. Adam Johnson. Kolo Toure.

Your worst player(s)?

Erm, I'd go for Richards. Hes a good player don't get me wrong but he likes to go forward and often leaves his position suspect, Bale tore him apart last week.

Liverpool fans seem to be an alright bunch, vividly remember the "Fat Spanish Waiter Song" though haha..also being sat behind a pillar after paying £38 for a ticket!!

Vladimir Wiess I'm sure most of you have heard of looks very promising. Another one is Dedryick Boyata. Belgium centre back who Mancini decided to play in both legs against United in the Carling Cup.

I can see us playing with two upfront this time, Ade and Tevez to start and with Balotelli coming on in the later stages of the game to form a Chelsea-esque formation.

New Balotelli chant ;) <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vb9fyyzxI4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vb9fyyzxI4</a>

TORRES.

You've got plenty of quality in depth but for instance with Mashscerano, great player but we've got our equivalent in the form of the God that is..."Nigel de Jong"

We're still gelling as a team, I'll go for 2-1.

Good point in the end against a side we usually don't do well against, our 1st half performance was worrying but we were much better 2nd half.

Was impressed with the work Liverpool put in, especially when down to ten men, Arsenal didn't really press home the advantage though and were fortunate in the end to get a point.

Even with the addition of some very good players this summer i still find myself unable to rid myself of the 'typical City' train of thoughts at times.
I think it's going to be a hell of a battle to get top 4 but i fancy us to do well in the cups, maybe a Carling cup win and hopefully do well in Europe.

Yaya Toure and David Silva, we really need Silva to hit the ground running early doors.

Your worst player(s)?

Hopefully Kolarov and Boateng can get themselves fit and slot in nicely as i don't rate Bridge or Richards.

My most vivid early memory was when Joe Corrigan was hit by a bottle at Anfield in 1981 ( i think), he was my hero as a kid and that upset me hugely at the time, i can think of a few players who probably deserved that to happen ( only joking) but Big Joe wasn't one of them.

I like the look of Boyata

Your guess is as good as mine, i don't think we'll be too adventurous if i'm being honest.

Always loved Bluemoon

Gerrard and Torres in equal measures, both are fine players and well capable of hurting us.

Not too many but at the end of the day it's about the team as a whole and not just individuals, i was impressed with how Liverpool fought for each other against Arsenal.

A draw, maybe 1-1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.