Queues outside M1 turnstiles and over the top security

Targeting the long queues outside is likely to get more collateral damage than in the concourse or stadium.

Asking people ‘randomly’ to open their coats, take off their hats, etc, isn’t going to stop a suicide bomber. What are the chances of a steward doing that and ‘stopping’ a suicide bomber from detonating their bomb?

You do know the suicide bomber would have the tigger/detonator in their hand, so they wouldn’t be able to open their coat.
You need two hands to unzip your coat ? Amateur !

I randomly attend matches at all levels and get a security search everywhere.

Slightly alarmed at posters going “I’d attack so and so place if I was a terrorist.”

Think they've also started clamping down on people getting in with the wrong ticket types too. So someone in our SC said.

Asking people ‘randomly’ to open their coats, take off their hats, etc, isn’t going to stop a suicide bomber. What are the chances of a steward doing that and ‘stopping’ a suicide bomber from detonating their bomb?

You do know the suicide bomber would have the tigger/detonator in their coat pocket, which should be picked up by the wand. As you have to put your arms out when you are scanned, a suicide bomber wouldn’t hold a trigger/detonator in their hand.
Do you moan this much at home, or are you single ?

Think they've also started clamping down on people getting in with the wrong ticket types too. So someone in our SC said.

It’s mentioned in another thread somewhere that everyone in the East Stand with any sort of concession ticket, was emailed last week and told to bring ID for the Everton game.

Not heard any stories of anyone having problems, so maybe it was a softly, softly approach in the first instance.

And I might be going mad here but I think ‘adult’ or ‘child’ has just appeared on the front screen of my tickets for the first time for the Chelsea game.

It’s clearly something they’ve decided to clamp down on all of a sudden anyway.

You do know the suicide bomber would have the tigger/detonator in their coat pocket, which should be picked up by the wand. As you have to put your arms out when you are scanned, a suicide bomber wouldn’t hold a trigger/detonator in their hand.

They’d just do what that **** at the arena did and blow themselves up in the queue.

The whole security thing is a total nonsense. It’s theatre.

I’ve never taken my phone / keys / battery pack out of my pocket once and guess what, those wands never beeped.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re just hollow bits of plastic.

It’s mentioned in another thread somewhere that everyone in the East Stand with any sort of concession ticket, was emailed last week and told to bring ID for the Everton game.

Not heard any stories of anyone having problems, so maybe it was a softly, softly approach in the first instance.

And I might be going mad here but I think ‘adult’ or ‘child’ has just appeared on the front screen of my tickets for the first time for the Chelsea game.

It’s clearly something they’ve decided to clamp down on all of a sudden anyway.
Thought I was losing it too I noticed a new item called “age band” on mine having said that mine says over 65 so it could have always been there

it’s visual

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.