Queues outside M1 turnstiles and over the top security

Thought I was losing it too I noticed a new item called “age band” on mine having said that mine says over 65 so it could have always been there

I’m almost certain it’s new. I’ve had adults use my child tickets in the past and I’m sure I’ve reassured them it’ll be ok by pointing out it doesn’t mention child anywhere on the front screen. You had to go to the back screen and it would have it there, along with the name.

The wands occasionally pick up keys, coins or phone which are in different pockets, but never more than one of the three. I have never been asked to prove the item is what I've claimed.
This is hardly top class security but is supposed to make people feel safer (and colder or wetter) following the arena bombing.
A terrorist could kill as many people by detonating a bomb in the queue or in many of the crowded areas on the outer concourse, though that wouldn't create as much panic as a bomb inside the stadium.
I think it’s more likely to be a condition of the club’s insurance policies that they insist that these ‘searches’ take place otherwise any insurance claim by the club would be invalidated.

I would have thought this would apply the airlines having to do safety demos before the plane takes off.

Thought I was losing it too I noticed a new item called “age band” on mine having said that mine says over 65 so it could have always been there

I’m almost certain it’s new. I’ve had adults use my child tickets in the past and I’m sure I’ve reassured them it’ll be ok by pointing out it doesn’t mention child anywhere on the front screen. You had to go to the back screen and it would have it there, along with the name.
The over 65 thing is definitely new and I only saw it on mine for the first time yesterday.

At least the club have treated us with a bit of respect by not putting FOC...

Extra turnstiles, allow access to more blocks and spread the load. Get some urgency in the stewards. It’s frustrating. But some of the principles challenged here feel odd.

The football’s too good to moan about so let’s target our new extension, or the buses, or now the turnstiles. Some shocking experiences in Istanbul but some lump on and moan even if they saw the whole game, drank all day, won the treble but had to travel two hours as if they’ve never had to travel to Wembley for a cup final. It takes the spotlight from the people who had a terrible time and should be the focus

Looking for flares, fireworks, weapons, bottles and trying to keep people safe, amongst bigger security threats, feels sensible. How it’s handled could be better but if this over rides the day out, the unbelievable football, a year unbeaten at home and fun with fellow blues enough to earn its own post…..

Extra turnstiles, allow access to more blocks and spread the load. Get some urgency in the stewards. It’s frustrating. But some of the principles challenged here feel odd.

The football’s too good to moan about so let’s target our new extension, or the buses, or now the turnstiles. Some shocking experiences in Istanbul but some lump on and moan even if they saw the whole game, drank all day, won the treble but had to travel two hours as if they’ve never had to travel to Wembley for a cup final. It takes the spotlight from the people who had a terrible time and should be the focus

Looking for flares, fireworks, weapons, bottles and trying to keep people safe, amongst bigger security threats, feels sensible. How it’s handled could be better but if this over rides the day out, the unbelievable football, a year unbeaten at home and fun with fellow blues enough to earn its own post…..
Welcome to bluemoon.............

They have not bothered about concession tickets since covid, that is changing now.

It’s mentioned in another thread somewhere that everyone in the East Stand with any sort of concession ticket, was emailed last week and told to bring ID for the Everton game.

Not heard any stories of anyone having problems, so maybe it was a softly, softly approach in the first instance.

And I might be going mad here but I think ‘adult’ or ‘child’ has just appeared on the front screen of my tickets for the first time for the Chelsea game.

It’s clearly something they’ve decided to clamp down on all of a sudden anyway.

New signs have gone up in EL2 gents explaining the 5 or 10 match ban for such misdemeanors.

Do you go in the Arndale in Manchester at all? Who searches you when you’re shopping on a busy day in any town Centre? Who searches you when you get on a train?
Answer = nobody!!!

While I agree terrorists are somewhat vile, however this over the top approach by showsec minimum wagers is completely over the top and the type of change to our lives that these terrorists want in our world. They want disruption!!!!

F&£k them. Oh and f?&k Showsec too. One told me to open my coat to which I refused and asked him why? He said to check I wasn’t an away fan!! What a load of bollocks!
All the people who moan about away fans in the City end and they try to stop it and fans won’t help.

Another one referring to ‘minimum wage’ staff. No need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.