Queues outside M1 turnstiles and over the top security

Like you, I try to treat the stewards with respect as I'd like to be if I did their job.
Most of them are pleasant enough I've found but I have also come across some that just see it as some kind of strange power trip where they get off on the 'control' thing.
After a recent game I got talking to a very pleasant young lad who was a steward.
He was actually a City fan, but he did say that he knew a few United fans who worked The Etihad. This young lad said that the Stewards are treated better than at the Swamp as their welfare is considered more and apparently they are offered a drink and something to eat .
Having said this, they probably are still on minimum wage though as you say.
Maybe wrong but I thought that City require the concessions to pay living wage

I got the email as well. I did notice on Saturday that the orange/yellow light came on as usual. I go in P1
I’ve got my bus pass in my phone cover so that would do for ID…whoops but I won’t as I won’t be there. ;-)

I got the email as well. I did notice on Saturday that the orange/yellow light came on as usual. I go in P1
I’ve got my bus pass in my phone cover so that would do for ID…whoops but I won’t as I won’t be there. ;-)
I thought that my bus pass would do but the email states the following forms of ID:

Photograph of passport

Driving licence (they've used the American spelling license tut tut)

National identity card

I've gone for a scan of my passport on my phone in case I come up against a jobsworth who won't accept my bus pass. In this scenario it's unfortunate that although I'm in my late sixties I look far more youthful.....

Would there be any issue with an over 65 using an 18-21 ticket? They are in the same price bracket so would imagine that’s ok?

Would there be any issue with an over 65 using an 18-21 ticket? They are in the same price bracket so would imagine that’s ok?

I wouldn’t bank on it long term. They’re clearly at the start of a big push on this.

Probably get away with it for now. But I suspect at some point in the near future the instruction to stewards will be.. They’ve had enough warning, zero tolerance from now on.

A steward won’t know the prices of each banded ticket. They’ll just see someone clearly over 21 with an 18-21 ticket and react as they’ve been instructed.

Went in at Y,Z entrance at 19.00 hrs.
Quick scan over me with the wand(as usual), no pat down or body search.
And then 10 yards later, had my over 65 ticket scanned by a lovely young lady, no mention of I.D. at all, and then straight in to the concourse.
Took all of 30 seconds from start to finish.
I was friendly and polite to them,and they likewise to me.

Just got in and when I entered an alarm sounded and it was saying in a Dalek style voice 'Fucking Old **** Alert'

Well sort of....all the lights were orange whereas previously I thought only one was. I think they are really checking who is getting in on what ticket.

Cheers, although I'm reluctant to try a print at home ticket ticket at N1 in case it doesn't work.

Given there's always major queues at M1 and I've never really noticed big queues at N1, is it officially set up that block 318 is N1 and blocks 314 (part), 315 -317 are M1?
I'm in 317 and my card says use N1..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.