Queues

Maybe the kick off time, they didn’t last week. That said I watched on tv and looked at the stands at kick off and they looked pretty full, so not convinced that was 5 minutes before kick off. Doesn’t seem much agitation either.
I got in 30 mins before kick off but in SS3 people were still coming in 20 minutes after kick off.. Bloke who sits next to me said queues were terrible outside.
Not sure if its the new technology or fans arriving too close to kick off.
I got in easily v Norwich but yesterday steward had to help me as it didn't seem to work.. No idea why

Joined the queue for block E level with the Silva statue at 11-45, and was in by 11-55. Pleasantly shocked that NFC worked first time after having to use the code at the Everton and Norwich games. As was posted earlier the days of rocking up 5 mins before and getting in to see KO are over.

It’s City - SURELY people are aware, and plan accordingly. I got there an hour before

5 minutes before kick off.

PXL-20210828-112744548-2.jpg

PXL-20210828-112756533-2.jpg

PXL-20210828-113019707-2.jpg

Given the lack of decent parking or public transport options around the ground, the mad traffic and the distances that most people have to walk from either once they have "got there" (1 or 2 miles apart from the tram stop and the rubbish official car park), expecting all people to get there an hour earlier would possibly mean then leaving (a local) home 2.5 hours before kick off. Which is mad and unachievable for many in many different circumstances.

It takes me maybe 20 minutes to drive from home to the etihad on a light traffic non match day. I left home an hour and half before kick off yesterday. Went straight to the ground and a combination of traffic, rubbish parking options and mental queues meant I just sat down as they kick off. All with going straight to the ground and not stopping for anything.

It's not on asking people who live relatively locally and are going straight there to leave 2 hours plus before kick off time.

Last edited:
I got in 30 mins before kick off but in SS3 people were still coming in 20 minutes after kick off.. Bloke who sits next to me said queues were terrible outside.
Not sure if its the new technology or fans arriving too close to kick off.
I got in easily v Norwich but yesterday steward had to help me as it didn't seem to work.. No idea why
The two queues where I got in had one moving twice as quick as the other and this was 100% down to the wand person.

Maybe the wand people are not meant to be that quick, then more are needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.