Queues

The two queues where I got in had one moving twice as quick as the other and this was 100% down to the wand person.

Maybe the wand people are not meant to be that quick, then more are needed.
One guy with the wand was fairly quick the other one took an age..

Put my bag on table and the steward would not check it.
His job was to put the label on and nothing else.
Steward with wand checked it.

Is there any reason why there can't be a perimeter ring around the ground that includes turnstiles?

You could probably fit double or even treble entrances that would help people entering and also those who leave City Square 10-15 mins before KO would already be in.

There is a lot of fans who just mingle outside round the catering vans before joining a que to enter the ground.

They have something similar like this at Hamburg SV and it works perfectly.

can i ask, what do the away fans get in, do they have to be the same as us or paper tickets, if so why couldnt us have the same choice

Given the lack of decent parking or public transport options around the ground, the mad traffic and the distances that most people have to walk from either once they have "got there" (1 or 2 miles apart from the tram stop and the rubbish official car park), expecting all people to get there an hour earlier would possibly mean then leaving (a local) home 2.5 hours before kick off. Which is mad and unachievable for many in many different circumstances.

It takes me maybe 20 minutes to drive from home to the etihad on a light traffic non match day. I left home an hour and half before kick off yesterday. Went straight to the ground and a combination of traffic, rubbish parking options and mental queues meant I just sat down as they kick off. All with going straight to the ground and not stopping for anything.

It's not on asking people who live relatively locally and are going straight there to leave 2 hours plus before kick off time.

What has changed this season is the development work going on at the entrance for the main car & coach park on Alan Turing Way. Reduced lanes into the CP are causing major gridlock issues in both directions. Plus, as usual, the inept stewarding isn't helping. What used to be a straight forward entry is now a nightmare - 30 mins from leaving the traffic lights to actually turning into the coach park is ridiculous

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.