Queues

Easiest way is to hold your phone in a vertical position screen facing you and close to the reader, no need to insert it in the slot. If your phone has a case don't fold it back behind.

I am 75 years old and despite all the scare mongering on here when the system was introduced I have adapted to it extremely easily. I just go to the match with my phone these days, travelling light as they say.
I got in last night, as I have over the last few fixtures, Etihad and Academy, and thought how simple the system is and how foolproof it seems. There was a 'younger' lad next to me at R turnstile with a piece of paper. I didn't know what he thought he had to do - blow his nose on it, wipe his arse with it, or what. Those handy guys seemed to sort him but I was well up the spiral before I think he got in. And we were the only two in the queue - more cattle prod wavers than fans! And I sailed into Blue Car Park. The only thing is I'm an hour earlier, but that means no one queuing for pies 'n chips!

For those of us in EL1, just had the following email from City. Basically the ‘new’ trial is that we can use either B or K turnstiles at either end of the stand. Which was how it always was until about two years ago

Dear Supporter,

We are pleased to inform you that for our upcoming Men’s matches at home to West Ham United, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Leeds United, we will be trialling a new turnstile process at Entrances K and B to improve speed of entry to the stadium.

Supporters who traditionally use Entrance K will now benefit from being able to access the stadium via Entrance K or B. At the same time, supporters who traditionally use Entrance B will be able to access the stadium via Entrance B or K.

This change impacts all supporters located in the following blocks:
101, 102, 104, 105, 106, 107, 109, 110, 111, 137, 138, 139, 140 and 142

We are making these changes following feedback from supporters, and as part of our ongoing commitment to improving your overall matchday experience.
For these fixtures, please be aware that your Mobile or Print@Home Ticket will only display your usual entrance turnstile, however your ticket will work across both entrance turnstiles giving you the flexibility and choice to use either, to access your seat.

As always, we recommend that you arrive as early as possible and ideally no later than 1-hour before kick-off.

The new system will be in place for the next three Premier League home matches, and a decision on whether this is extended will be made in advance of the Leicester City match on Sunday 26th December.

To determine the success of this trial, we will be monitoring entry times and we will issue a survey to supporters to give you an opportunity to share any feedback with us, should you wish to do so.

In the meantime, should you have any questions about the above changes, please contact Supporter Services on +44 (0)161 444 1894.
Kind regards,
Supporter Services

Easiest way is to hold your phone in a vertical position screen facing you and close to the reader, no need to insert it in the slot. If your phone has a case don't fold it back behind.

I am 75 years old and despite all the scare mongering on here when the system was introduced I have adapted to it extremely easily. I just go to the match with my phone these days, travelling light as they say.

my dads 66 next month and he's the same finds it easy to deal with now.

Shame some of the lads i know similar age to me are having kittens over it still.

I arrived at M1 at 715pm last night and got in at 730pm...15 minutes. I regularly arrive at away grounds with 20 minutes to go before KO and always get in quickly and swiftly. M1 remains poor, smallest number of turnstiles for the biggest area in the ground.

Has anyone had any problems in the last couple game with regards to signal? My signal stops about 2 to 3 minute walk after walking past the Mitchell Arms from town and therefore impossible to get on Google pay to scan my ticket

Has anyone had any problems in the last couple game with regards to signal? My signal stops about 2 to 3 minute walk after walking past the Mitchell Arms from town and therefore impossible to get on Google pay to scan my ticket
Mobile data or WiFi are not needed as NFC is a separate function within your phone. For security reasons you couldn't have payments made via mobile data or WiFi as your account would be stripped bare. In this case you aren't making a payment but the principle is the same. You just need your phone to have charge.

Most major events have signal dampeners to make it much more difficult to set off bombs, remotely.

Last edited:
I arrived at M1 at 715pm last night and got in at 730pm...15 minutes. I regularly arrive at away grounds with 20 minutes to go before KO and always get in quickly and swiftly. M1 remains poor, smallest number of turnstiles for the biggest area in the ground.
Wasn't helped last night by 2 turnstiles being closed at M1, and what seemed like an army of stewards doing nothing other than watching the others.

When the guy scanned my lad it kept beeping as he had his phone in his hand (to get in), so the guy kept asking him what was causing it, 3 times he scanned his phone, and it beeped, the mind boggles at how inefficient some of them are.

For those of us in EL1, just had the following email from City. Basically the ‘new’ trial is that we can use either B or K turnstiles at either end of the stand. Which was how it always was until about two years ago

Dear Supporter,

We are pleased to inform you that for our upcoming Men’s matches at home to West Ham United, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Leeds United, we will be trialling a new turnstile process at Entrances K and B to improve speed of entry to the stadium.

Supporters who traditionally use Entrance K will now benefit from being able to access the stadium via Entrance K or B. At the same time, supporters who traditionally use Entrance B will be able to access the stadium via Entrance B or K.

This change impacts all supporters located in the following blocks:
101, 102, 104, 105, 106, 107, 109, 110, 111, 137, 138, 139, 140 and 142

We are making these changes following feedback from supporters, and as part of our ongoing commitment to improving your overall matchday experience.
For these fixtures, please be aware that your Mobile or Print@Home Ticket will only display your usual entrance turnstile, however your ticket will work across both entrance turnstiles giving you the flexibility and choice to use either, to access your seat.

As always, we recommend that you arrive as early as possible and ideally no later than 1-hour before kick-off.

The new system will be in place for the next three Premier League home matches, and a decision on whether this is extended will be made in advance of the Leicester City match on Sunday 26th December.

To determine the success of this trial, we will be monitoring entry times and we will issue a survey to supporters to give you an opportunity to share any feedback with us, should you wish to do so.

In the meantime, should you have any questions about the above changes, please contact Supporter Services on +44 (0)161 444 1894.
Kind regards,
Supporter Services
Common sense!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.