Queues

Question for travelling blues...
Is it as bad as this at away grounds?
Hard to comment about stopping searches near KO as I tend to go in earlier at away games. However I've not seen queues snaking all over the place (as they do at home games) since paying on the gate for big games in the 70s and 80s.
The queues for home fans at Klanfield and Goodison looked much shorter than we see at t'Etihad, and the same could be said for both games at Selhurst. The queues for away fans at Selhurst for both cup and league stretched less than the width of the road and that's a ground where all travelling fans arrive late as it's such a pain in the arse to get to.
I can't comment on the London Stadium as I was in early for both games but didn't notice many queues on the approach. No queues at Sunderland last week or Huddersfield in the cup.
As for searches: The stewards have always been an unpleasant set of twunts at West Brom, Stoke was two cursory searches, but most other grounds seem to have the basic pat-down searches they've been using on away fans for years. The searches seemed a little more thorough at West Ham but not to the extent of causing queues to build.
Perhaps part of the problem is that City are searching everybody but many clubs only search away fans or home fans who sit near away fans.

if city want to search everyone then they need bloody more stewards.
The turnstiles need to constantly turning when crowds build up....this is not happening because the searches slow down the process. Simple solution...more stewards searching!

Exactly.

City want the fans to get into the ground 1 hour early. And in that hour what are you going to do. Buy drinks and food. Bingo!

They want us to get in an hour early, but as other's have stated, City Square, bars, the souvenier store, etc are all open up close to kick off time.

The club place tables and large bins at the front of entrances so people have to leave their drinks, food, etc, if found or seen by the stewards.

Again. Random searches, scanners that don't work, queues stretchng around the stadium, and on to Alan Turing Way, etc.

Seriously, the club are taking the piss once again, and they must think the average City fan is f***ing stupid and blind to what the cub are up to. Driving revenues and gving the fans that *matchday experience*. My arse!
Good observation. I was scratching my head wondering what it was because it's absolutely nothing to do with security and fan safety because any terrorist could just walk up to the giant queues and detonate a bomb there without the need to go in the ground.

It's about something else and this could well be it

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it’s more a case of sloppy incompetence than a cynical marketing ploy.

For some reason, City (and United) are convinced that a terrorist attack will only happen inside a football stadium. rather than on the surrounding streets. However, unlike Airport staff, the matchday stewards aren’t properly trained, and also receive far more personal abuse from impatient football fans.

It all threatens to get nasty, so in the end, they give up.

I got to the ground for Stoke at about 19:50 and was waved straight through despite the turnstiles being clear. The present system isn't working.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.