Queues

It shows what a complete farce the whole situation is. Or as others have alluded to, the lengths the club will go to force fans to buy food and drink inside the stadium under the pretence of 'security'.
Oh no, it surely can't be that, can it ??

If it was genuinely about security then they'd close City Square 45 minutes before kick off, and tell everyone to go inside, but they don't, why ? because people are buying food and drink around City Square.

Oh no, it surely can't be that, can it ??

If it was genuinely about security then they'd close City Square 45 minutes before kick off, and tell everyone to go inside, but they don't, why ? because people are buying food and drink around City Square.

Exactly.

City want the fans to get into the ground 1 hour early. And in that hour what are you going to do. Buy drinks and food. Bingo!

They want us to get in an hour early, but as other's have stated, City Square, bars, the souvenier store, etc are all open up close to kick off time.

The club place tables and large bins at the front of entrances so people have to leave their drinks, food, etc, if found or seen by the stewards.

Again. Random searches, scanners that don't work, queues stretchng around the stadium, and on to Alan Turing Way, etc.

Seriously, the club are taking the piss once again, and they must think the average City fan is f***ing stupid and blind to what the cub are up to. Driving revenues and gving the fans that *matchday experience*. My arse!

Exactly.

City want the fans to get into the ground 1 hour early. And in that hour what are you going to do. Buy drinks and food. Bingo!

They want us to get in an hour early, but as other's have stated, City Square, bars, the souvenier store, etc are all open up close to kick off time.

The club place tables and large bins at the front of entrances so people have to leave their drinks, food, etc, if found or seen by the stewards.

Again. Random searches, scanners that don't work, queues stretchng around the stadium, and on to Alan Turing Way, etc.

Seriously, the club are taking the piss once again, and they must think the average City fan is f***ing stupid and blind to what the cub are up to. Driving revenues and gving the fans that *matchday experience*. My arse!
I think that's too cynical a view. I doubt very much they make very much at all on the back of pre-match revenue given the extra stewarding costs.

It's a well intentioned mistake in my opinion. Hopefully it will get quietly dropped.

I use N1 and the queues on Wednesday seemed to be much worse for that & M than the other entrances nearby. The first game of the season was really bad, luckily I went to go in about 45 mins before kick off, they were that slow that I only just made it to my seat for kickoff, loads of people missed kick off.

Some gormless kid patting down your pockets without checking what is in them, seems pointless and doesn't improve safety in any way IMO.

if anyone wants to get a can in, put it in a glove and walk towards the steward with glove in hand, already in the air ready for frisking. My friend has done this at every game and got it through each time. .

I bet he wont get it through next time - now that you've posted it on here.

Funny how the "take your hat off" announcements for searches started after people had said on here that they get their food/drink in under their hat..

I bet he wont get it through next time - now that you've posted it on here.

Funny how the "take your hat off" announcements for searches started after people had said on here that they get their food/drink in under their hat..
I've never once been asked to remove my hat.

^ no, but on the tannoy they now say "have your coats open and have your hat off"

I guess it's still up to whether the steward can be arsed.

A question is often asked in this thread about other grounds and how they do it ............ so today at middlesboro was a good time to compare. No queues, little or no searches, I certainly wasn't and no one missed the kick off.
Maybe Boro are not a terrorist target and City at home is but the difference was very very noticable. Maybe we are a target or maybe someone has got it all very very wrong.

A question is often asked in this thread about other grounds and how they do it ............ so today at middlesboro was a good time to compare. No queues, little or no searches, I certainly wasn't and no one missed the kick off.
Maybe Boro are not a terrorist target and City at home is but the difference was very very noticable. Maybe we are a target or maybe someone has got it all very very wrong.

Dont know maybe the club has had threats so what the club is doing is all they can do apart from abandoning games? Only a thought though to why.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.