Queues

It's fucking bollox. The queues are so long all a terrorist has to do is blow himself up next to a queue, use an automatic weapon near a queue or use a machete on a queue.
It would be carnage. More so than in the ground.

Last edited:
Apologies, but this could be a good one for off topic - this whole charade of security and protection is a politically influenced bag of nonsense that wants us to feel unsafe so we support additional security. For instance some halfwit Richard Reid who had a poorly made bomb in his shoe nearly 20 years ago is still being used to make us jump through hoops at the airports. Likewise this nonsense in the name of safety. Let's face it, we live in a dangerous age, however how we can legislate against some nutter hijacking a truck and driving into a crowd of people is beyond me, waving a wand at children in a football queue ain't going to fix it, asking an elderly couple on their way to a winter holiday in Spain to take off their belts and shoes in an airport queue isn't either if it's going to happen then it's going to happen, live every day and all that.

For the Copenhagen theory on this for those readers amongst us, click the link.

http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780199743292/obo-9780199743292-0091.xml

I still think if someone wanted to do it City Square would be s prime target, why bother even trying to get into the stadium it would have just as big an impact doing it there, I know if they could do it live on tv but if they wanted headlines then City Square would be carnage.

I still think if someone wanted to do it City Square would be s prime target, why bother even trying to get into the stadium it would have just as big an impact doing it there, I know if they could do it live on tv but if they wanted headlines then City Square would be carnage.
Correct, and if it was really about security, then City Square would close an hour before kick off to get everyone searched, and in safely, but of course that would mean losing out on food and beer sales.

From the checklist in the government guidance on security for stadiums.

Do you have a sufficient number of searchers and space to search effectively?

Will you be able to cope with a large number of spectators arriving just before the event starts?

Quite glad we had security on today can't believe someone tried to enter the ground with chips and a bottle of coke.

Thankfully the orange clad hero made the man eat them outside and throw his drink away. Can't imagine the carnage he would have caused if he'd got in with that. I hope he had his name and season ticket noted for not buying appropriate refreshments from an official city partner.

Quite glad we had security on today can't believe someone tried to enter the ground with chips and a bottle of coke.

Thankfully the orange clad hero made the man eat them outside and throw his drink away. Can't imagine the carnage he would have caused if he'd got in with that. I hope he had his name and season ticket noted for not buying appropriate refreshments from an official city partner.
There's nothing in the T&Cs about not taking food and drink in. They've got food vans all round the stadium, they can't stop you taking food in.

This can't be true ? Tell me this didn't happen

Wow, I went into the city store yesterday for first time in a couple of seasons. Boy those kids can blitz queues. They should put them in charge of beer sales and security!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.