R.I.P Neil Young

Remember him gliding along in front of the kippax like it was yesterday,although I was in my teens. An underated player and a sad day . R.I.P and commiserations to family.

RIP Neil. You were one of that group of players that made City such a pleasure to watch in the mid-to-late 60's and one of the very few who survived that awful period 1961-1965 pre-Mercer. Had you had the arrogance and confidence of Mike Summerbee or Francis Lee then who knows what you might have done. But you modestly and quietly played your part with that unerring left foot.

You scored two of the goals that won us the league title up at Newcastle in 1968. You scored the goal that won us the FA Cup in 1969 and you scored one of the goals (and won the penalty for the other) that won us the Cup Winners Cup in Vienna in 1970. No other City player in living memory has made such a directly vital contribution to our success.

Post-football life treated you pretty shabbily much of the time but you ultimately found the happiness you deserved with Carmen. You were and always will be a true legend. God bless you.

RIP Mr Young. An absolute pleasure to meet you and i feel privelidged to have worked with you. Fantsatic man, Great Ambassador for MCFC. You'll be missed.

R.I.P. Neil

R.I.P. Neil Young. It makes us all feel a bit more mortal when our heroes go.

Some kind words on this site when Nat Lofthouse went.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.