R.I.P to the 23 lost in Munich

I thought that banner that the rags displayed on Sunday was very poignant.

RIP the Busby babes & Frank Swift.

Matty said:
scall said:
Sergio Aguero
Carlos Tevez
Joe Hart
Vincent Kompany
Yaya Toure
Pablo Zabaleta
David Silva
James Milner

Imagine they died tomorrow.

Imagine it. How would you feel? Imagine how Manchester, as a city would feel.

Ok.

Now imagine it's 2068, imagine you were born in 2032, imagine you're a United fan. How would you feel about the fact that Pablo Zabaleta died in a plane crash in 2013? I'd wager it wouldn't really register with you, that you wouldn't really have any feelings one way or the other about it. That's the scenario many City fans (myself included) today find themselves in. It's over half a century since the crash, a crash which occured pretty much 2 decades before I was born, to a team I don't support, to players I don't remember, can't name, don't know what they look like. I fail to see why this crash should have any relevance to me. I don't disrespect those who died, I don't chant about it, I don't ruin minutes silences, but I also don't really care all that much about the whole thing. Maybe that doesn't sit well with some, so be it, I can't, and won't, force fake emotion.

Agree.

R.I.P to Frank Swift only.

gangerolv said:
Matty said:
scall said:
Sergio Aguero
Carlos Tevez
Joe Hart
Vincent Kompany
Yaya Toure
Pablo Zabaleta
David Silva
James Milner

Ok.

Now imagine it's 2068, imagine you were born in 2032, imagine you're a United fan. How would you feel about the fact that Pablo Zabaleta died in a plane crash in 2013? I'd wager it wouldn't really register with you, that you wouldn't really have any feelings one way or the other about it. That's the scenario many City fans (myself included) today find themselves in. It's over half a century since the crash, a crash which occured pretty much 2 decades before I was born, to a team I don't support, to players I don't remember, can't name, don't know what they look like. I fail to see why this crash should have any relevance to me. I don't disrespect those who died, I don't chant about it, I don't ruin minutes silences, but I also don't really care all that much about the whole thing. Maybe that doesn't sit well with some, so be it, I can't, and won't, force fake emotion.

Agree.

You "agree", and then instantly follow that up with a statement that categorically disagrees with my entire point. Splendidly well done.

gangerolv said:
Matty said:
scall said:
Sergio Aguero
Carlos Tevez
Joe Hart
Vincent Kompany
Yaya Toure
Pablo Zabaleta
David Silva
James Milner

Ok.

Agree.

You sad, sad man.

dan.j.mcfc said:
gangerolv said:
Matty said:
Ok.

Agree.

You sad, sad man.

:)

Azyyz91 said:
Blue Mist said:
So Cantona got bad press ? I jst put a few details into the old computer and found the below extract.....
But it emerged that after last August's match, organisers received a bill revealing Cantona and his side had brought up to SEVENTY family and friends with them and booked in at the four-star 132 room De Vere hotel

Did the players really need 70 family and friends ? did they really need to go 4 star? may be they did but not at the expense of a charity.

Spot on.

I have always thought the Mancs have milked the Munich disaster but kept the thoughts to myself, at least now I can see people sharing the same view.

I don't know who you support / follow, but there is only one lot of Mancs around here.

And it ain't that lot from Trafford!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.