Racehorses with City Names

De Bruyne runs in the 2.10 Salisbury.
Handicap debut. Won on tapeta last time out. Now on good to soft and has top weight. Trainer runs two in the race.

Screenshot_20230504_131911_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: PPT
*Any* transaction that takes place between an individual and a company has a legal basis.
In English Law, it is technically an Illegal Contract and cannot be enforced by the courts. Or that's what I was taught when I studied contract law years ago.

I’m sure there was a horsed named ‘Six One Away’, owned by Mr Timpson

In English Law, it is technically an Illegal Contract and cannot be enforced by the courts. Or that's what I was taught when I studied contract law years ago.
Why would it be an illegal contract?

My understanding is that it is not 'illegal' but rather 'not legally binding'; considered a 'Gentleman's Agreement'. It therefore can't be contested in court if the bookie reneages on paying out for instance.
I could see that holding up in the old days when it really was all notepads and handshakes, but these days they’re registered companies, complete with statutes, board of directors, shareholders, and T’s n C’s longer than the inside of your arms.

A gentleman’s agreement is still legally and lawfully enforceable so long as it can be proven to have taken place. With the technology involved these days it’s hard for them to dispute the facts.

Bet on a horse called Sven once. Ran its legs off for the first half of the race, the crowds went wild, they dared to dream, then on the final furlong it sat down, had a nap and shit itself on the finishing line before retiring to its private yacht.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.