Racehorses with City Names

Bit of a bugger, I was successful in the owners ballot for Treble Winners at Carlisle tomorrow (full experience Inc meal etc), unfortunately I'm taking Mrs Moon who is also a shareholder and it was only one badge so, being a good guy and it probably being a 'long experience' rather than just a wander in the parade ring I felt the right thing to do was decline the offer.

For those of you thinking of having a go at this next year or current shareholders I was told for a Thursday in Carlisle there were 50+ applications for 8 badges.
Nice City :)

It's a bit of a donkey.But I couldn't resist.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240901-130250_Sky Bet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240901-130250_Sky Bet.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 58
What are the rules on naming a horse?

Unique Name: Each horse must have a unique name, which remains with them for life, to distinguish them from others in a race and facilitate tracing bloodlines and pedigrees.
Character Limit: Horse names cannot exceed 18 characters, excluding spaces. This means names like “Shutthefrontdoor” are acceptable, while longer names are not.
Protected Names: Around 3,000 names are protected, including winners of major races and famous retired horses. These names cannot be reused.
Name Availability: Before applying for a name, check its availability through the Racing Administration System or the BHA website. You can also download application forms for GB/IRE breds and foreign breds from the BHA website.
Registration: To be eligible to race under Rules or in point-to-points, a horse must be registered with a unique name. Most applications are processed and completed within a day, with over 13,000 names processed annually.

Basically anything within reason so long as it's within 18 characters. You can't buy a shitter and call it Frankel and you can't call them straight up expletives or similar but there's plenty semi rude ones knocking around.

My favourite 2 at the moment are Bolo Neighs and Mayo Neighs always make me chuckle when I see them run.

Car number plate applications are even checked now. Also with a mirror as drivers can see it through their rear view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.