Racehorses with City Names

Blue for you 5.0 Ascot 16/1, bit of a minefield this one so don't shoot the messenger ;-)
But looks to have a good chance

Blue for you 5.0 Ascot 16/1, bit of a minefield this one so don't shoot the messenger ;-)
But looks to have a good chance
And it's running in these colours too:
1986-87-manchester-city-away-shirt.jpg

My understanding is that it is not 'illegal' but rather 'not legally binding'; considered a 'Gentleman's Agreement'. It therefore can't be contested in court if the bookie reneages on paying out for instance.
You would have been correct a few years ago, it worked both ways as Punters with credit accounts who reneged in debts got away with it. Slightly different now as I don’t know any bookmakers who offer credit accounts and there’s been cases where bookmakers have been taken to court over betting disputes.

My understanding is that it is not 'illegal' but rather 'not legally binding'; considered a 'Gentleman's Agreement'. It therefore can't be contested in court if the bookie reneages on paying out for instance.

They have to pay out unless you have bet in bad faith on an obvious error eg someones priced it up wrong in the shop. If anyone has any disputes and need more specific legal advice I'd get in touch with Caan Berry on twitter as he is very knowledgable in these matters has a big audience and will fight your corner.

There are 2 horses in the 19.20 at Newcastle having their first runs aswell, Blue Prince and Blue Force.

Both by a first season sire, Blue Point which has been doing well with its runners so far so neither without a chance and are fairly big prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.