Rachel Bruno: My dad Frank, bipolar disorder and me

Blue Mist said:
johnny on the spot said:
Blue Mist said:
My Dad's Bi Polar and I worry like shit sometimes that I will follow. It carves families apart. My Mam is a saint for living and loving through it.

I prefer the original name Manic Depression because that is what it is. I want to watch the programme but can't.

Give it a watch, mate. Don't fear it.

'Manic Depression' is to me the more apposite term, but there are plenty of degrees involved where you're neither Manic, Depressive, either or both. Rapid cycling is possibly the scariest thing I've ever dealt with.

Cheers JOTS, I'm just reading this forum and listening to (sad) music on You Tube and the moment. I see traits in myself that are him, certainly the manic, screws my head sometimes.

(apart from putting the odd stupid comment on some threads that is so it aint all bad)

It's far from a certainty mate. A lot of my shrinks have wanted to talk about my past and family. It's worth checking, heritage is a suspected factor, but I was a happy kid. I hit my 20s and went completely sideways and I've always been clear about that. Don't damn yourself to it, just look after your dad.

Rosler1985 said:
No pics of Rachel Bruno?

Would she get a battering around the ring?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01d4q9f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01d4q9f</a>

Gaylord du Bois said:
Blue Mist said:
My Dad's Bi Polar and I worry like shit sometimes that I will follow. It carves families apart. My Mam is a saint for living and loving through it.

I prefer the original name Manic Depression because that is what it is. I want to watch the programme but can't.
Sorry to here of your dads disorder but in fairness I believe the term 'bi-polar' has helped to destigmatize the illness for sufferers.

Your right, I just wonder if people understand what happens to people with the illness when it is called Bi Polar but as you say it de stigmatizes it.

I suppose I responded to Corkys post. Normally a great poster but for once I just thought T**t. I didn't want to see a serious post descend into the normal Cellar stuff. I shouldn't be so touchy really.

Blue Mist said:
I suppose I responded to Corkys post. Normally a great poster but for once I just thought T**t. I didn't want to see a serious post descend into the normal Cellar stuff. I shouldn't be so touchy really.

He's just after a laugh, don't sweat it.

Is it generally considered acceptable for a 20 stone bloke to knock fuck out of his wife now and again if he's got bi polar?

Or is that a totally separate issue?

tidyman said:
Is it generally considered acceptable for a 20 stone bloke to knock fuck out of his wife now and again if he's got bi polar?

Knew this would come up. Not all bipolar guys beat people up.

tidyman said:

Perhaps you care to explain

Blue Mist said:
tidyman said:

Perhaps you care to explain

Explain what?

It's a question. Well two questions.

tidyman said:

It's not acceptable for anyone of any weight to knock their wife around. Looking into mental issues like Frank's may help in reducing such acts in the future. I hope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.