Racism in Football

Personally dont feel this was in any way racist, it took the gorillas as a sign of strength and nothing more, in hindsight he was fucking stupid to post it in a country filled with snowflakes though.

Agree but the fa have set a president. Bernie was a joke that a young Mendy looked like a cartoon character from Portugal. Same as KDB looks like TinTin !

Comparing people of colour to monkeys or apes is generally not a wise move. Even if your intent is not racist, other people may not see it that way.

Yeah, I wish we didn't have to pussyfoot about over language, but we do. One day, when racism is genuinely not a thing anymore, that may change.

Personally dont feel this was in any way racist, it took the gorillas as a sign of strength and nothing more, in hindsight he was fucking stupid to post it in a country filled with snowflakes though.

His intent has nothing to do with it. He made a mistake, put an image with well known racist connotations out on a public platform.

Shouldn't get the media scrutiny Bernie got, that was bullshit that nobody deserves, and can be subjective, whatever. But a ban, a fine, and that learning seminar is the set precedent by the F.A, that should be the same.

I think the fa have stuck two fingers up in the fight against racism.
The players take the knee yet the organisation that governs their sport ignores it.
Ignores it when the player plays for one of the fa favourite clubs utd that simple.

To allow a player to use images of gorillas when tweeting a black players could open the flood gates. I hope it doesnt but the fa cant take action should it happen again.

I think Bernie has ever right to ask the fa to explain this decision. Bernie was a simple case of a young Mendy looking like a cartoon character. To be honest when I saw it my first thought was ' lol it does look like Mendy' I guess this makes me a racist. I didnt see colour I just saw a cartoon character who looks like Mendy, in the same way my ginger mate looks like an irish leprechaun.

But there is no way in a million years I would use a gorilla when tweeting to my black mates.

Garnacho tweet has far more racist connotations and that's face is racist.

I do believe this is a backward step by the fa but it doesn't surprise me

I think the fa have stuck two fingers up in the fight against racism.
The players take the knee yet the organisation that governs their sport ignores it.
Ignores it when the player plays for one of the fa favourite clubs utd that simple.

To allow a player to use images of gorillas when tweeting a black players could open the flood gates. I hope it doesnt but the fa cant take action should it happen again.

I think Bernie has ever right to ask the fa to explain this decision. Bernie was a simple case of a young Mendy looking like a cartoon character. To be honest when I saw it my first thought was ' lol it does look like Mendy' I guess this makes me a racist. I didnt see colour I just saw a cartoon character who looks like Mendy, in the same way my ginger mate looks like an irish leprechaun.

But there is no way in a million years I would use a gorilla when tweeting to my black mates.

Garnacho tweet has far more racist connotations and that's face is racist.

I do believe this is a backward step by the fa but it doesn't surprise me
Absolutely spot on mate! This just goes to show that we are treated differently without a doubt. One thing for sure it doesn’t fill me with confidence for these trumped up charges and their kangaroo court!

If many of us in our own work environments put up an image of a gorilla about a black colleague, it would rightly be an immediate trip to see HR. Irrespective of how that colleague might have taken it.

If we then got some sort of punishment, and someone else later did the same without consequence, I imagine most would be pretty pissed off.

Im not sure how they can treat the two circustances so differently. In effect they are the same.
The media pile on for what Bernie did was totally disproportionate to the way this has been treated which is what disgusts me more than anything. It badly affected his form If i remember rightly too. No wonder he wanted to fuck off from snowflakesville.
They've brushed it right under the carpet the shithouses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.