Racism in Football

Some have said it has something to do with Argentina opening their arms to accept certain groups right after WW2, not sure if that's the truth or if the Argies have always been this way but God, are they some of the nastiest people, the racism from Argentine fans is like real evil stuff. Not to generalize but I always wonder how someone as nice and pure hearted as Kun could ever come from that group. Kun is indeed special, even Messi has had certain questionable incidents throughout his career. That Argentina/ Uruguay axis in the South American continent is just something else.
Don't forget Zabba. A gentleman, it's hard to imagine him hurting a fly. Though I do remember his first couple of seasons with us. Some of his challenges could be generously termed "robust". Too much sugar in his cappuccino, maybe! He did calm down, though.

Plus, anyone who likes Status Quo is sound by me!

It goes back further than WW2. Argentina obviously had a lot of European immigration, a lot of Italians, historically a lot of land was stolen from native and indigenous Argentinans and they were done away with. Even the biggest land owners there today are the Bennaton group, italians. There was a lot of racism towards native Argentinans.

Notice how you barely see any famous Argentinans that look native to South America? You would be forgiven for not even knowing such a group exists, they basically got pushed aside. Peruvians and Bolivians generally look very very native to their countries, and Argentinans as we see them today don't like that and treat them just like they did native Argentinans in the past, of which there aren't many left.

I think there's just historically a problem with racism/supremacy there and it's alive and well today.

Then it makes sense why they opened their arms to the nazis?

There's still actually small communities in Argentina where they speak German, its the offspring of Nazi's. Their communities even look German and you'll see nazi memorabilia.

As for Kun, he endorsed their new president, who many see as very right wing. Mind you, his opponent Massa was corrupt as hell, so I don't know if a lot of it was just to oppose him, as he was part of a lot of corruption in their former government. However, people were surprised to see Aguero publicly back Milei.
My Penerol supporting milf neighbour tells me they were formed by British railway workers and are supported mainly by Uruguays ethnic Italian population who see themselves as a cut above the Nacional supporting low rent Spanish peasants

It goes back further than WW2. Argentina obviously had a lot of European immigration, a lot of Italians, historically a lot of land was stolen from native and indigenous Argentinans and they were done away with. Even the biggest land owners there today are the Bennaton group, italians. There was a lot of racism towards native Argentinans.

Notice how you barely see any famous Argentinans that look native to South America? You would be forgiven for not even knowing such a group exists, they basically got pushed aside. Peruvians and Bolivians generally look very very native to their countries, and Argentinans as we see them today don't like that and treat them just like they did native Argentinans in the past, of which there aren't many left.

I think there's just historically a problem with racism/supremacy there and it's alive and well today.

Then it makes sense why they opened their arms to the nazis?

There's still actually small communities in Argentina where they speak German, its the offspring of Nazi's. Their communities even look German and you'll see nazi memorabilia.

As for Kun, he endorsed their new president, who many see as very right wing. Mind you, his opponent Massa was corrupt as hell, so I don't know if a lot of it was just to oppose him, as he was part of a lot of corruption in their former government. However, people were surprised to see Aguero publicly back Milei.
Note also large Welsh immegration, for mining. In Patagonia some villages speak Welsh. Don’t know what the locals make of that.

I see some of those lovable Argies were getting out the back catalogue and revisiting their cheeky little ditty about Mbappe and the French black players after winning the Copa America last night.

The French squad of Chelsea have started to unfollow enzo hernandez. He probably out of Chelsea soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0846.png
    IMG_0846.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 79

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.