Racist podcast rant - Arsenal fan & 'Comedian' Alan Davies not happy with us

Yeah, football fans are allowed to be angry and hypocritical. That's part of it. But he definitely overstepped the mark into mild racism when he started talking about deserts and saying "get out of our league." The fact that he deleted a link to the podcast is very revealing. It's a shame, because I like him too, and he generally has a reputation as one of comedy's nice guys.

But yeah, on the general point, it's interesting how many fans of "big clubs" become very sensitive to money ruining football when it's no longer their money ruining it.
When he uses the phrase "oil bastards" he knows exactly what buttons he is pressing. For me it is not mild racism. It is despicable and insidious. In fact in some ways it is worse than overt racist comments. It tells you exactly what sort of person Davies is.
I didn't like his comments about Hillsborough either. His exact comment in relation to Liverpool not playing on the anniversary of Hillsborough was: "Do they not play on the anniversary of Heysel as well?"
He knows what he is doing with that comment. He's a nasty piece of work.

He'll be pissing himself now he wound up a lot of fans and no doubt set record listens for the podcast.

Yeah, football fans are allowed to be angry and hypocritical. That's part of it. But he definitely overstepped the mark into mild racism when he started talking about deserts and saying "get out of our league." The fact that he deleted a link to the podcast is very revealing. It's a shame, because I like him too, and he generally has a reputation as one of comedy's nice guys.

But yeah, on the general point, it's interesting how many fans of "big clubs" become very sensitive to money ruining football when it's no longer their money ruining it.
Have a look at the news story link I posted earlier concerning his assault on a homeless person and tell me he's 'one of comedy's nice guys'. There's clearly a gulf in difference (pun not intended) between the public persona and his true self.

He'll be pissing himself now he wound up a lot of fans and no doubt set record listens for the podcast.
Well I didn’t even press to listen! As soon as I read the name I ignored the thingymabob! (I know it’s called a podcast but I don’t see any pea pods nor any fishing rods to cast with!)

;-)

Have a look at the news story link I posted earlier concerning his assault on a homeless person and tell me he's 'one of comedy's nice guys'. There's clearly a gulf in difference (pun not intended) between the public persona and his true self.
Plus he said that the guy called him names but…”….if it wasn’t him it was his mate”!!
So he attacked someone who could have been totally innocent and anyway he is allegedly witty so could he not have countered any alleged name calling with a quick quip in return rather than assaulting him?

Haven’t read the entire thread (read the start, missed a few days/dozens of pages, ended up here). Has it been proved it was Alan Davies, because it does not sound like him?

Has anyone made a formal complaint to any authorities about the racist nature of the podcast? Are City aware of it?
Personally I won't listen to the mutterings of sad bitter wankers of opposition supporters so am only offended by proxy following the response on here. If it is as vile as some on here have indicated let's get after the **** properly.

So, let me get this entirely clear in my mind in case I'm missing something:

1) Arsenal have a good first half and go in 1-0 up at half time but point to Ederson's tackle on Odegaard and scream penalty when the game was still at 0-0. VAR agreed it's not a clear and obvious error after multiple camera angles indicate Ederson won the ball given the direction it travels after. It COULD have been given, but it's hard to tell whether Ederson clips his foot first - no penalty.

2) Bernardo breaks into the area and Xhaka clearly sticks out his left leg across Bernardo which in itself, could be a given as a penalty. Ref says no. Replays then show he ALSO has a hold of his shirt and pulls him down.VAR see this as a clear error, ref looks again - agrees... penalty awarded.

3) Gabriel is caught on camera wrecking the penalty spot in the hope Mahrez misses on the back of it. Referee correctly books him for vandalism of his teams own pitch. Another Arsenal player ESCAPES a booking when he does the same thing.

4) The ref is then point blank accused of blocking a running lane for Martinelli who blazes the ball over the bar when presented with an open goal. People are reaching here, tin foil hat stuff this...

5) Gabriel gets done on the half way line by Jesus and finds himself out of position so makes no attempt to play the ball and hauls him down which is a 100% yellow card offence. Apparently this is an injustice?

We don't even have to touch on the hilarity of Rodri at the end and the conduct of their fans in the corner.

But now we get these kind of rants from C-list comedians venting their spleen about the culture of Cities owners with oil and desert references? WOW, just wow.

They are all on the verge of picking up their ball and not playing - drink it in....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.