Radamel Falcao Zarate

BlueDejong said:
bluemonkey71 said:
Absolute no brainer.

Chuck in another creative mid too

but he's best of the world striker. No.1 striker.

Look at the RVP. We need Falcao.

And also look at who is creating chances for RVP constantly.

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini makes move for Atlético Madrid's Colombian striker Radamel Falcao
Roberto Mancini is understood to have met with representatives of Radomel Falcao to persuade the £45 million striker to join Manchester City.

The City manager flew to Madrid to speak to Jorge Mendes. Falcao, the 26-year-old Colombian, is expected to leave Atlético Madrid at the end of this season. More than one meeting has taken place, which suggests City are pushing hard to outmanoeuvre Chelsea and Real Madrid.

It appears that Mancini is driving the deal and he has also revived his interest in Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi.

Falcao wants a $6 million (£5 million) salary after tax, which means around double that in gross terms, so the full cost would be around £85 million.

Mendes also represents Real coach Jose Mourinho, which has made that club favourite to sign the striker, while he has also kept strong links with Chelsea. However, Chelsea could only acquire Falcao should they sell Fernando Torres and may concentrate on signing younger attacking players such as Bayer Leverkusen’s André Schürrle.

City would also have to sell if Falcao was signed with the futures of Mario Balotelli and Edin Dzeko most in doubt.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9669242/Manchester-City-manager-Roberto-Mancini-makes-move-for-Atletico-Madrids-Colombian-striker-Radomel-Falcao.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... alcao.html</a>

Thanks for the link LoveCity (and also for everything else you contribute with to this forum, - you really are a top poster!)

As much as I want this to happen, I doubt it. Are we talking about next summer or in January already? I'm afraid the appeal of London and Chelsea's habit to pay the seller what they want will see him end up at the Bridge.

I do hope this means we have plans to offload Balotelli to begin with, and maybe even Edin as well.

Matt the Giant said:
As much as I want this to happen, I doubt it. Are we talking about next summer or in January already? I'm afraid the appeal of London and Chelsea's habit to pay the seller what they want will see him end up at the Bridge.
As if City doesn't do this as well. As with Hazard, you (the collective you) are overlooking the fact that at Chelsea he would literally star the show. Our talisman in Drogba has bowed out, and Torres isn't stepping up to the plate. How often is there an opportunity for a striker to move into a top European club and become top dog from the word go - especially considering he hasn't played at an "Elite" club before. At Madrid he'd be competing with Benzima and Higuain in a system which only plays one centre forward. At City he's up against the likes of Tevez and Aguero with Balotelli and Dzeko's futures still unresolved. At Chelsea, he's competing with Fernando fucking Torres at worst.

Staple the other factors on and its a pretty attractive prospect for him. But I think the fact that we need him more than he needs us is much more attractive to him than being just another striker at City or Madrid. Even if he came to the prem and scored a double hattrick in his first game for you, he'd still be subject to eventual rotation because thats how Mancini operates. If he didn't operate like that he'd end up pissing off Tevez (again) or worse, Aguero. At Chelsea he's first name on the team sheet in every game outside of the league cup, injury permitting.

I think Balague said PSG offered 50M and 300k p/w. But doubt he'll leave in January. Same with Jovetic or Isco. I'm sure thede big players will want to finish their seasons where they are.

Castiel said:
Matt the Giant said:
As if City doesn't do this as well. As with Hazard, you (the collective you) are overlooking the fact that at Chelsea he would literally star the show. Our talisman in Drogba has bowed out, and Torres isn't stepping up to the plate. How often is there an opportunity for a striker to move into a top European club and become top dog from the word go - especially considering he hasn't played at an "Elite" club before. At Madrid he'd be competing with Benzima and Higuain in a system which only plays one centre forward. At City he's up against the likes of Tevez and Aguero with Balotelli and Dzeko's futures still unresolved. At Chelsea, he's competing with Fernando fucking Torres at worst.

Staple the other factors on and its a pretty attractive prospect for him. But I think the fact that we need him more than he needs us is much more attractive to him than being just another striker at City or Madrid. Even if he came to the prem and scored a double hattrick in his first game for you, he'd still be subject to eventual rotation because thats how Mancini operates. If he didn't operate like that he'd end up pissing off Tevez (again) or worse, Aguero. At Chelsea he's first name on the team sheet in every game outside of the league cup, injury permitting.

I agree with everything you said there mate, except for the very first part. Last summer proved we will not pay more than we think is reasonable, which meant we lost out on Hazard for example.
I would love for us to be more like you in that aspect, targeting a player, making a move and finalizing it quickly. But unfortunately we seem to take great pride in being the masters of loooong negotiations who in the end turns out sour. This goes all the way back to the Kaka situation. Of course there has been exceptions to this.

If you guys manage to land Falcao, then I'd say your team is pretty close to perfect and you will be the definite favourites for the title. It's very admirable also I think, the way you have tied up some of the world's best young players.

It's well and good having a goal machine but when Silva gets injured like now we have nobody to supply him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.