radio 5

Pam said:
bizzbo said:
he also tried to make out that Hughes had taken city from a bottom half team to where they are today :/

And it only cost us £250 million to get from bottom half to eighth. And so we are triumphant.

Hang on a minute, it was Hughes that put us in the bottom 3 in his first season!

blueinsa said:
Pam said:
And it only cost us £250 million to get from bottom half to eighth. And so we are triumphant.

Hang on a minute, it was Hughes that put us in the bottom 3 in his first season!
and I thought we finished 9 under SGE! so silly, Sven must have been working for Hughes then! This is the thing that pisses me off most about Hughes, the way him and his "team" have to belittle City, we have been pretty much a mid-table team for our whole time at Eastlands but to hear Hughes we have never even been as close to the heights he has taken us to in living memory.

City's Twelth Man said:
I'm sure we're all meant to be City fans?? Must be missing something!! You're all ridiculous.

is this not an interesting topic for conversation?

savage is hughes' friend and has bent the truth in order to support him, do you really buy that hughes took over a team that was in the bottom half of the league? if you support hughes, or just want to give him support, great... go ahead, we need more of you on here, but let's keep it real huh?

City's Twelth Man said:
I'm sure we're all meant to be City fans?? Must be missing something!! You're all ridiculous.

We are City fans mate.

Manchester City fans, not Mark Hughes fans or any other manager or player for that matter.

The club is bigger and more important than any one player or manager.

Hughes is shit, out of his depth and he needs to go for the better of my club!

blueinsa said:

Although apparently those with selective memory syndrome continue to overlook this.

Ok so Savage is a mate of Hughes thats a given.
He has spoken about him in a positive way several times which some people will not like.
He is probably more ITK than anyone on here.
He probably does know the agreed targets between MH and the owners better than anyone on this board.
However rather than listen all we get is cynicism and a dismissive attitude.
If it doesn't suit your agenda, unlucky!
One day it might be worth listening and taking note.

Blue Dove said:
He has spoken about him in a positive way several times which some people will not like.
He probably does know the agreed targets between MH and the owners better than anyone on this board.

I don't doubt he is more ITK than us, I was reporting the astonishing cynicism shown by the pundits as to what he was saying. Either Nevin or Groves said 'Liar' in a stage whisper, when he said that two wins out of the next 5 would have them on target.

Blue Dove said:

To Robbie Savage???

DontLookBackInAnger said:
This is the thing that pisses me off most about Hughes, the way him and his "team" have to belittle City,

This is it, and it's a telling point. This lame defeatism on the part of the current management team is why we need a manager like Mourinhio, who will never do anything to big up himself, big up the team and big up the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.