Rafa Benitez

Francesc Aguilar ‏@MDpor_elmundo

Txiki Begiristain not think of Pep Guardiola as a substitute for Manuel Pellegrini. Manages a list of three: a German, an Argentine and a Italo-argentino. The three are a proven worth, although only one knows the Premier League. All three are great technicians.

Klopp, Simeone or Pochettino ?

Hamann Pineapple said:

Txiki Begiristain not think of Pep Guardiola as a substitute for Manuel Pellegrini. Manages a list of three: a German, an Argentine and a Italo-argentino. The three are a proven worth, although only one knows the Premier League. All three are great technicians.

Not the question I'd be asking. That would be this: Does Francesc Aguilar have any credibility and any access to Txiki's inner circle or is he another of those with a long track record of talking shite?

Hamann Pineapple said:

Wouldn't mind any of these. But Pochettino is half Italian??

I do however want Klopp. He has charisma and energy. Would get the crowd going as would Simeone. But for me el cholo is a bit of a loose canon. Maurizio? Would he leave Spurs so soon? Doubt it.

robbieh said:
Hamann Pineapple said:

Wouldn't mind any of these. But Pochettino is half Italian??

I do however want Klopp. He has charisma and energy. Would get the crowd going as would Simeone. But for me el cholo is a bit of a loose canon. Maurizio? Would he leave Spurs so soon? Doubt it.

I reckon Pochettino would jump at joining City if Spurs don't get top 4.

A lot of Argentines have Italian heritage, Messi for example, his great-grandfather was Italian.

I don't think the German would be Klopp, I think it would be more Low with his Spanish influenced style of play.

Guillem Balague said on Revista to not rule out Low going top City whilst Txiki is DOF.

What does Pochettino offer over Pellegrini aside from being young?

I like the guy but he's not really proven anything. Has he even won anything as manager? I don't believe so.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/diego-simeone/profil/trainer/2868" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/diego-si ... ainer/2868</a>

Simeone is half-Italian, Poch is half-Spanish. So Simeone is probably the Italian-Argentine coach.

Sabella, Bielsa, Martino are high profile Argie coaches and none of them particularly appealing.

The German coach mention is interesting. Everyone thinks Klopp but Schmidt and Tuchel are very, very highly rated. Some think Tuchel could be Pep's successor at Bayern. He had a similar win % to Klopp at Mainz, not high but they are a modest club.

LoveCity said:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/diego-simeone/profil/trainer/2868

Simeone is half-Italian, Poch is half-Spanish. So Simeone is probably the Italian-Argentine coach.

Sabella, Bielsa, Martino are high profile Argie coaches and none of them particularly appealing.

The German coach mention is interesting. Everyone thinks Klopp but Schmidt and Tuchel are very, very highly rated. Some think Tuchel could be Pep's successor at Bayern. He had a similar win % to Klopp at Mainz, not high but they are a modest club.

I still think the German will be Low, his style of play is influenced by the Spanish and Balague on Revisita did say he would be the type of appointment Txiki would make.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.