Rafa Benitez

blue underpants said:
Wenger and Martinez will be available soon!!!!!

Well, at least Wenger would promote some young players though he is as naive as Pellegrini.

bitsmith said:
cityisblue said:
cookster said:
Not World Class but a level or 2 higher than Pelle. I'd take him for a year or 2, always did well in the big games.

Are you serious...the guy is not world class , after looking at his CV, and 2 x World Manager of the year ! The Media have done a job on Rafa..imagine if he was on the self promotion bandwagon suchas Mourinho, Hodgson, or Brenda...maybe rafa just has a lot of class and lers results speak for themselves... he will win another 1 or 2 trophies again this season with Napoli...

You're talking to wind mate, they're clueless.

He's a decent manager no doubt. He's won in Europe and domestically, but never in a League since his time at Valencia 2004. That would be my main concern.

The club is moving drastically in the wrong direction if we get this plum. Why remove one toolbag for another?

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
bitsmith said:
cityisblue said:
Are you serious...the guy is not world class , after looking at his CV, and 2 x World Manager of the year ! The Media have done a job on Rafa..imagine if he was on the self promotion bandwagon suchas Mourinho, Hodgson, or Brenda...maybe rafa just has a lot of class and lers results speak for themselves... he will win another 1 or 2 trophies again this season with Napoli...

He's a decent manager no doubt. He's won in Europe and domestically, but never in a League since his time at Valencia 2004. That would be my main concern.

He never had a team good enough to win the league and yet he did it twice with Valencia in Spain. The fact that he won so many European trophies and played so many finals, with teams he had is working wonders for him.

I've heard/read he is hard to work with but as the part on the pitch is concerned he is one of world's elite coaches and he has plenty to back that up.

bitsmith said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
bitsmith said:

He never had a team good enough to win the league. The fact that he won so many European trophies and played so many finals, with teams he had is working wonders for him.
Suppose that's true and tactically he's been very good at setting up a defensive team which is what we need, i.e he gets us past our defensive woes. If Pep and Carlo can't be pried away this summer I wouldn't mind seeing him here.

I think the rumours of him pissing off players are exaggerated. With our squad if he can get us solid in the back and doesn't keep using the same tactics every game, the players should be satisfied enough winning games.

To me, he's always had a slight inferiority complex which neither Mancini or even Pellegrini have showed. I'm sure they will wait for Pep either for next season or the one after when Pelle's contract is up.

stan bowles said:
To me, he's always had a slight inferiority complex which neither Mancini or even Pellegrini have showed. I'm sure they will wait for Pep either for next season or the one after when Pelle's contract is up.
You sure will even be on the radar of top managers if we leave matters alone for 12 months

stan bowles said:

Because Brittish Rag media destroyed him. Then Chelsea fans humiliating him.

He wasn't showing any kind of inferiority when he was winning La Liga and European cups with Valencia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.