Rafael Leao

Yeah was poor from United. They really are clueless when it comes to operating in the transfer market. Still far from convinced he is top class but early days.

It’s also the players around and the coach, set up etc?

I like him but he’s quite inconsistent. Don’t think he’d do any better than Grealish in this team though. What we’re lacking is an overlapping left-footed LB. Grealish would be one of the best wingers in the world with someone like Theo Hernandez or Alphonso Davies as LB. Leao would struggle for the same reason as Grealish is, they’re both more suited to coming inside, but with Cancelo on the left they’d be forced to stay wide, which doesn’t suit them

We have lost a bit of control by replacing the false 9 with Haaland. Can't see Pep conceding more control by replacing Grealish with Leao.
With all due respect, I'm getting tired of 45 shots, 3 on target 85% possession and a 1-2 loss when we need to put teams to bed with ease. We need youth, pace, strength and ruthlessness in front of goal. I'm not sure this transfer will ever materialise, but when we had Sane and Sterling on the wings we were a frightening team and i miss that aspect of our game.

With all due respect, I'm getting tired of 45 shots, 3 on target 85% possession and a 1-2 loss when we need to put teams to bed with ease. We need youth, pace, strength and ruthlessness in front of goal. I'm not sure this transfer will ever materialise, but when we had Sane and Sterling on the wings we were a frightening team and i miss that aspect of our game.
Teams played differently when we had Sane and Sterling, what we have now is more effective against teams sat deep with 2 banks of 4.which I guess is why Pep, very succesfully plays the way we play.

I'm getting tired of 45 shots, 3 on target 85% possession and a 1-2 loss
Not sure this really happens often enough for anyone to get tired of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.