rag quotes 3 and 4

bluestevei

Before Yaya signed for us...

RAG: I was discussing this matter with James, yesterday. So, I don't understand why would Barca sell their best (imo) defensive midfielder? Who are they gonna replace him with? Busquets? Keita? I don't think any of them can do a better job than Yaya.

Anyway, I don't really care about the well being of Barcelona. From what I've seen, Yaya is a very good defensive midfielder, tall, strong and could prove to be a worthy asset. But then the price has to be right and it depends on how much would Sir Alex be willing to spend on a 27-year-old (I'm sure Yaya would not turn down a good offer from us).

RAG: Liverpool's run came to an end, so it is possible that our run will come to an end in the near future. We can't compete (financially) with the likes of Real Madrid, Chelsea and Man City, so we will need to focus on bringing through top quality youngsters. Fergie realises this and has already implemented a new youth policy. You only have to look at the intake of Academy scholars over the last two seasons to see this. Even our transfer policy suggests this i.e. buying young players for cheap and then developing them e.g Diouf, Smalling, Obertan, etc.

We have some very talented youngsters in our ranks, in fact ridiculously talented. If they listen to the coaches, stay focused and train hard, well then with a bit of luck they will hopefully make the grade here. These youngsters will save us having to spend and could maintain our dominance for at least another decade.

Also, Man City have an impressive squad but they won't be able to keep everyone happy. They won't be winning anything big unless they sort out their mediocre defence. They are more of a threat to Liverpool than us.

I go to a bar on most Fridays where the regulars are all rags and spurs fans. Surprisingly they all are predicting City to win the league.

[/So? The point I'm making is that it wasn't a level playing field - United were spending more on one player than most teams would spend in three or four seasons so its a bit rich for United fans to take the moral high ground - "it was fine when we did it but look at city - no class" - just sounds like jealousy to me.

And as regards if the owner backs out, what if the Glazers cant refinance the debt? what if Sky go bust and the arse falls out of the whole thing?

City's owner wants to make them the biggest club in the world and probabaly wont be happy until he does. then they'll generate a fair amount of cash on their own.

Even if he gets board whats he going to do? Just pull out? - no chance. He'll put someone in charge and they'll run the club succesfully like all of the other businesss they own. Even spending hundreds of millions is nothing - not even the interest on what he probably accumulates in a year - he'd probably set up some kind of trust fund with enough cash to keep it running for a hunderd years.
quote]
quite a level headed poster

southstand117 said:
[/So? The point I'm making is that it wasn't a level playing field - United were spending more on one player than most teams would spend in three or four seasons so its a bit rich for United fans to take the moral high ground - "it was fine when we did it but look at city - no class" - just sounds like jealousy to me.

And as regards if the owner backs out, what if the Glazers cant refinance the debt? what if Sky go bust and the arse falls out of the whole thing?

City's owner wants to make them the biggest club in the world and probabaly wont be happy until he does. then they'll generate a fair amount of cash on their own.

Even if he gets board whats he going to do? Just pull out? - no chance. He'll put someone in charge and they'll run the club succesfully like all of the other businesss they own. Even spending hundreds of millions is nothing - not even the interest on what he probably accumulates in a year - he'd probably set up some kind of trust fund with enough cash to keep it running for a hunderd years.
quote]
quite a level headed poster
Got to be a Blue sleeper agent!

I see it every where, they blaming our defence, even our own fans, but i believe our defence were shit because of Mark Hughes not the players themselves.

zeven said:
I see it every where, they blaming our defence, even our own fans, but i believe our defence were shit because of Mark Hughes not the players themselves.

Agreed, I love the idea of a Kompany/Lescott/Toure rotation.

bluestevei said:
Before Yaya signed for us...

Anyway, I don't really care about the well being of Barcelona. From what I've seen, Yaya is a very good defensive midfielder, tall, strong and could prove to be a worthy asset. But then the price has to be right and it depends on how much would Sir Alex be willing to spend on a 27-year-old (I'm sure Yaya would not turn down a good offer from us).

Fecking lol, but please, make it stop.

"i`ve lost a bit of interest in football"

i wish i had a fiver for every time i`ve heard a sad rag bastard say this said in the last 2 weeks.

i`m sure you lot out there have heard this, especially blues from salford and darn sarf

When United was spending money where was it coming from? Did SKY really secretly own them?

I keep hearing the 'Yeah but we built ourselves up properly' in relation to United having the money to blow on Veron, Rooney, Wio, Berbatov etc, as to say it's ok for them to do it but not for us to do it.

Funny thing is, none of them seem to realise the help that Sky have given them with TV money and worldwide exposure which has allowed them to make so much money, nor do i hear any of them talking about how they wanted to break away from the football league to negotiate their own Tv deals.

United we're very fortunate that they were the poster boys for Sky. They've done well to take advantage, but fuck me they've had some help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.