Rags kit deal

waspish said:
Corky said:
They are in a different league to us now spending wise.

Funny they can't get the players they want with all this spending power

The deal was done one day ago and there are six weeks to the transfer deadline.

Being able to spend twice as much as anyone else is a significant advantage.

Some of the denial responses are like united fans to City's takeover and spending in 2008, city will do very well not to be overtaken in the course of the ten years.

I really cant see Madrid being happy with this at all! Its double what adidas are paying them and the clubs are of roughly similar stature/shirts sold. If I were in charge of Madrid I'd be looking to adidas to match it or get rid of adidas asap!

Corky said:
waspish said:
Corky said:
They are in a different league to us now spending wise.

Funny they can't get the players they want with all this spending power

The deal was done one day ago and there are six weeks to the transfer deadline.

Being able to spend twice as much as anyone else is a significant advantage.

Some of the denial responses are like united fans to City's takeover and spending in 2008, city will do very well not to be overtaken in the course of the ten years.

Ten years time the scum will be playing in a run down dump of a ground paying over the odds for top players just going over the top of the mountain on the way down rapidly while city will be just making there way to the top of the mountain

The Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, welcomed a new partnership between Manchester City Council and Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG), the owner of Manchester City Football Club, to deliver the first phase of an initiative that will see up to £1 billion invested over the next 10 years in a new house building project called ‘Manchester Life’.

Can I just remind you all.

United aren't up against Manchester City, they are up against Abu Dhabi.

andypandy said:
Seems a bit odd that they get this deal the season they miss out on CL and Nike bin them for not representing value for money.

On face value this deal seems too good to be true, maybe that's the problem?

A closed shop adidas euro league on the horizon maybe

jrb said:
I keep on telling everyone.

14,000 extra seats and upgraded corporate facilities at the Etihad.
Additional sponsorship revenues from the training academy and bridge.
The leisure destination of national and international significance and Etihad Campus around the stadium. ;-)
The £1bill housing proposal/development in East Manchester.

Short-term pain, long-term gain.

And as I keep on pointing out, any club can only field 11 players at any one time, regardless of how much money they've got. And long gone are the days when United were the be all, and end all, and the only choice, when it came to joining a football club.

How do we make money from the east Manchester housing project? it's an investment for Abu Dhabi not us

Saw this on red button over the weekend (staying off net at weekends now) and thought "seventy five is not so ba...WTF".

How can they justify this, more to the point will they be made to or?
It stinks to high heaven that we get investigated for fookin everything and they get the best part of a billion quid and a smile of uefa, gtfo.

jrb said:
The Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, welcomed a new partnership between Manchester City Council and Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG), the owner of Manchester City Football Club, to deliver the first phase of an initiative that will see up to £1 billion invested over the next 10 years in a new house building project called ‘Manchester Life’.

Can I just remind you all.

United aren't up against Manchester City, they are up against Abu Dhabi.
We are living in a post FFP world now, friend. United can outspend us with these kinds of commercial deals. Their sponsorship deal is notably bigger than ours and their manufacturing deal is 6 times greater. Their commercial revenue is notably higher as is their match day revenue.

Obviously our revenues have been growing substantially, but there is only so much we can do. Especially since we won't be able to write-off things from the pre-FFP period soon anyway.

Georgian Maestro said:
jrb said:
I keep on telling everyone.

14,000 extra seats and upgraded corporate facilities at the Etihad.
Additional sponsorship revenues from the training academy and bridge.
The leisure destination of national and international significance and Etihad Campus around the stadium. ;-)
The £1bill housing proposal/development in East Manchester.

Short-term pain, long-term gain.

And as I keep on pointing out, any club can only field 11 players at any one time, regardless of how much money they've got. And long gone are the days when United were the be all, and end all, and the only choice, when it came to joining a football club.

How do we make money from the east Manchester housing project? it's an investment for Abu Dhabi not us

There's absolutely nothing to suggest some of that revenue won't be directed towards the City. City is the catalyst for the whole ADUG investment in East Manchester. There is no way ADUG/Sheikh mansour will let City decline. The money needed, regardless of where it comes from, will be invested/diverted to City, if necessary.

The question is, Nike, who have been pedalling the rags kit for the last decade, will have solid marketing data on future sales potential. So why did they walk away saying the deal did not "represent fair value to Nike shareholders"?

What do Adidas know that Nike don't? Or vice versa?

There is more to this than meets the eye.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.