Rags upset with City youth strategy (merged)

All empires fall, some more spectacularly than others. I'm in two minds about how I want theirs to go. Devastatingly sudden or a long slow death. Both have merits.
I keep reverting back to devastatingly sudden, that way the old pisscan will see it all crumble before he kicks the can.

I was re-reading an article by Andersred yesterday, which was written a few years ago but is still probably relevant today. He's a united fan called Andy Green, who's an investment banker or financial analyst I believe. Long read but quite staggering as to the scale of debt the Glazers have got themselves into.

http://andersred.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/debt-junkies-true-story-of-first-allied.html

I hadn't read that site for a while so I looked at some of his more recent efforts - which have been curtailed due to work and family illness (hope it all improves). Anyway I found this little number:
http://andersred.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/united-buying-players-on-never-never.html

In short they're spending the new TV money before they've got it!
So they can't buy big without buying on tick. As a result they simply can't compete with City for a big name signing if we offer to pay the full whack up front!

Even when we were at our lowest ebb, and United were using whatever means (fair or foul) at their disposal to hoover up the best young talent, would I ever accept City refusing to play them at youth level. It's staggeringly petty and pathetic on their behalf. Embarrassing stuff from United.

This has to be the most obvious symptom yet of their inability to deal with the new reality sweeping through football.

Even when we were at our lowest ebb, and United were using whatever means (fair or foul) at their disposal to hoover up the best young talent, would I ever accept City refusing to play them at youth level. It's staggeringly petty and pathetic on their behalf. Embarrassing stuff from United.
This, how could you except that your club wasn't good enough to even play another? Embarrassment isn't the word for it, remember going to the swamp in 82 knowing we were going to get dicked, ended up 2-2 us 0-2 up at half time, but not playing them, bollocks to that.

This has to be the most obvious symptom yet of their inability to deal with the new reality sweeping through football.
On the money,they thought everything would carry on as it was,and most likely viewed us as another Blackburn who after a few seasons would fall by the wayside,the reality is they couldn't be more wrong,and on all levels the toys are being flung out of the pram...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.