Rags upset with City youth strategy (merged)

They are the second wealthiest/valuable football club in the world, what they and their fans should be asking is why they have not invested in their own facilities over the years and where has all the huge amounts of profit gone?

We already know the answer but it seems many a rag don't.
I was re-reading an article by Andersred yesterday, which was written a few years ago but is still probably relevant today. He's a united fan called Andy Green, who's an investment banker or financial analyst I believe. Long read but quite staggering as to the scale of debt the Glazers have got themselves into.

http://andersred.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/debt-junkies-true-story-of-first-allied.html

addycelebration.gif

Cheers. Still cracks me up, till this day.

They are the second wealthiest/valuable football club in the world, what they and their fans should be asking is why they have not invested in their own facilities over the years and where has all the huge amounts of profit gone?

We already know the answer but it seems many a rag don't.

Not wanting to open up a can of worms or anything but, how can they be considered a wealthy club if they owe money?
Shirley if they are in debt they can't be turning a profit.

Good. Keep digging away at them in every possible way. In 10 years we'll be so far ahead of them in every single department on and off the pitch that all they'll have is complaints.
...and it'll be beautiful.

You are so right

Not wanting to open up a can of worms or anything but, how can they be considered a wealthy club if they owe money?
Shirley if they are in debt they can't be turning a profit.
Debt is money you owe to someone else. It doesn't stop them making a profit but when you can't cover the payments on the debt out of your profits then you're in trouble.

Debt is money you owe to someone else. It doesn't stop them making a profit but when you can't cover the payments on the debt out of your profits then you're in trouble.

Is there a chance they could become insolvent if they don't make the champions league for a few years? Really think they could finish out of the top 4 this year.

Is there a chance they could become insolvent if they don't make the champions league for a few years? Really think they could finish out of the top 4 this year.
With the amount of money sloshing about these days I doubt it. The danger period for them was around 2009/2010 when the Glazers were almost certainly in severe financial trouble. Had they failed to get top four then, they could really have been in big trouble. Even today, the Glazers are probably in debt to the tune of something like $2bn

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.