Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't let the facts get in the way of your argument ?! The facts are that he came on and contributed absolutely nothing other than give the ball away. Not one chance created or shot as far as I can recall in thirty minutes on the pitch. Another fact is that on the whole, and I am prepared to give him time, he was average to poor at best last season for reasons other people seem to think was down to Pellegrini / the system, excuses, excuses. He started the season OK, no more no less, and all was fine when we were winning, but he has been very poor and back to his worst in the last two months. I cannot recall a single game this season where he has turned the match in our favour, not necessarily a problem if others are doing it, but we always seem to have to rely on Ya Ya, Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne ( who in my opinion has also been poor on the whole this season ), Fernandinho, etc, to actually take a game by the scruff of the neck. His technique at times is utterly wretched, another fact. I hope he proves me wrong but in my opinion for £50m we should be getting something more than a debatable upgrade on Navas. We shall see how the season pans out but I believe his time is almost up and Guardiola wont stand for it much longer. Nothing would please me more if I am proved wrong.
All the clappers have jumped on the bandwagon and are having a go at you for daring to speak your mind / share your opinion. I've read what you said and pretty much agree. All this shite that Sterling's been amazing so far this season is total shit. He's been bang average at best and nothing more. I'm all for hoping he improves and can't understand the need to embellish the truth.

It's pretty clear that he excels in a confident winning team. I was his biggest critic last season and his start to the season filled me with hope (similar to last season)

When he has played recently he hasn't been as effective but who has and to single him out would be wrong for me especially on Saturday in a game that is dead when he come on to the field. It was one of Peps task to rejuvenate Sterling and hopefully he will.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your argument ?! The facts are that he came on and contributed absolutely nothing other than give the ball away. Not one chance created or shot as far as I can recall in thirty minutes on the pitch.

If you can't remember the very obvious goalscoring opportunity he created for Nolito only 2 days ago then no wonder your recollection of the rest of the season is so poor.

All the clappers have jumped on the bandwagon and are having a go at you for daring to speak your mind / share your opinion. I've read what you said and pretty much agree. All this shite that Sterling's been amazing so far this season is total shit. He's been bang average at best and nothing more. I'm all for hoping he improves and can't understand the need to embellish the truth.
"Bang average at best". Holy cow. First of all he was named Premier League POTM in August. If we're talking just PL (no one can deny hes been brilliant in CL again) he's our second highest scorer. He's completed more dribblings than any other player in our squad and only Silva and de Bruyne have created more chances. He hasn't been at his best during the lsat month and I'd like to see him score and assist more, but he hasn't been worse than anybody else in our squad and if you looking at the whole season I think he's been our best player with the de Bruyne.

Been a good start to the season for Sterling. Shut a few people up for a month or so at least. Wonder why they aren't so willing to post when he scores/assists/we win.

Needs to keep it up, but I'm pretty confident he will. And then push of from there. We've not yet seen the best of him.

Happy Clappers? haha
My god.
This place is full of people like you thats all, so intent on moaning and expecting the world to fall at our feet now we are a bigger club and slagging off a young player like him despite the obvious improvements to his game this season.
Bang average! haha As the previous poster alluded to, he was player of the month in the opening month of the season, theres a fact.

Support the kid because he works damn hard when hes on the pitch, but I bet you're the kind of guy who reads the sun (talk about embellishing the truth) and reckon Raheem is here for the money and doesn't give a shit, eh?

Honestly, you'll be cheering him on for the next decade if you are lucky so get used to this 'bang average' lad (golden ball winner too If I do recall rightly, the other year) More lies??

If you can't remember the very obvious goalscoring opportunity he created for Nolito only 2 days ago then no wonder your recollection of the rest of the season is so poor.
I have to say I am desperately trying to recall a clear goalscoring opportunity he created for Nolito !

I have to say I am desperately trying to recall a clear goalscoring opportunity he created for Nolito !

From the BBC Live text:

90+1 Attempt missed. Nolito (Manchester City) left footed shot from the centre of the box misses to the right. Assisted by Raheem Sterling.

He's been our best player in the Champions League for two seasons running yet some on here will always be against him.

Happy Clappers? haha
My god.
This place is full of people like you thats all, so intent on moaning and expecting the world to fall at our feet now we are a bigger club and slagging off a young player like him despite the obvious improvements to his game this season.
Bang average! haha As the previous poster alluded to, he was player of the month in the opening month of the season, theres a fact.

Support the kid because he works damn hard when hes on the pitch, but I bet you're the kind of guy who reads the sun (talk about embellishing the truth) and reckon Raheem is here for the money and doesn't give a shit, eh?

Honestly, you'll be cheering him on for the next decade if you are lucky so get used to this 'bang average' lad (golden ball winner too If I do recall rightly, the other year) More lies??

Peter singled him out after Saturday's debacle. I could just as easily say that we scored more than them after he came on. Then to say he's been poor for the last two months when he's been out for most of the last one I think shows that, consciously or otherwise, certain sections of our own fans have been influenced by the media campaign against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.