Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He puts the shits up defenders. I have no idea what or where he's gonna go or what he's gonna do with the ball. I have little sympathy for defenders. I just wish he got what the Laws of the Game stipulate for all the fuckin' fouls he suffers for which he ne'er gets a free kick. Same today. He gets cleaned out for nowt, and then the slightest contact with a member of the opposition and Oliver is swallowing his whistle to give the 'foul'!

I think this is probably the root of why he's so underrated at times and why he can bizarrely be described as brilliant and rubbish for his performance in the same game by the same set of supporters. For me he's a nightmare to defend against and for all the inconsistencies that others see, I see a player who has a ridiculous output (10 goals and 20 assists I believe now this season), who scares the shit out of whichever defender he's playing against, and who can kill you just as easily going around the outside, coming inside, crossing, or passing.

What makes me happy is that regardless of whether the people on the internet or in the Etihad get behind him, Pep clearly loves him and he's gonna be a key part of our side for the next few years!

I think this is probably the root of why he's so underrated at times and why he can bizarrely be described as brilliant and rubbish for his performance in the same game by the same set of supporters. For me he's a nightmare to defend against and for all the inconsistencies that others see, I see a player who has a ridiculous output (10 goals and 20 assists I believe now this season), who scares the shit out of whichever defender he's playing against, and who can kill you just as easily going around the outside, coming inside, crossing, or passing.

What makes me happy is that regardless of whether the people on the internet or in the Etihad get behind him, Pep clearly loves him and he's gonna be a key part of our side for the next few years!

He can be a threat to opponents in a way that very few other players - especially English ones - can.

He remains a young player with plenty of room for improvement in his game. I think both he and Sane need to set off and run at defenders more quickly, (as in don't hesitate) more often.

Was arguably our worst player again yesterday. At least he helped his stats out though, that will keep certain people happy.

Wastes chances

"He's shit at finishing."

Scores a lovely left footed finish in one of our most emphatic victories of the season

"Pfft, who cares about goals?"

506203d26df4b5a9bbafb5c66b346d54_update-with-possible-fix-ui-issues-055-and-when-its-going-to-seems-about-right-meme_500-312.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.