Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the goal he set up for Aguero in WBA game and his work leading to that assist is what I'd like to see him do more of. Recovering the ball half-way the pitch on the right and dribbling past several opposition players. He seems good at that but does not do nearly enough of it.

He did that last season in the home game against Monaco, intercepted a ball on its way to Lemar, scampered all the way up past Mendy and others and set up Aguero.

You know somert,I haven't looked at it like that,you may have a point that will make me see things differently,but after seeing how Guardiola was with one of our opposition players a few weeks back after the match,I'll need more convincing I think

Maybe he wants to sign him?

In fairness, the arguments against don't seem to be same old stuff.

Better conversion rate than Salah. 4th leading goalscorer in the league.

Yes, he misses sometimes, and he has some bubu. But when he is producing better than everyone but 3 guys. Has a better conversion rate than the scintillating Salah, to say the opinion on the other side is a joke, is frankly untrue.

Forget he is young. He is very good. Every measurable indicator shows and supports this belief. So in the anals of 'which subjective opinion on Sterling has more weight' the objective facts don't line up on your side.

They simply don't!
This.... He "just can't accept it" though. ;)

Liverpool away was the start of this dip in form for me, a game where barely anyone had a good game and a game that always seems to affect Sterling.

West Brom(recalling purely from memory as I saw it) was for me the assist for Aguero AND everything that came before it, the turn and the dribble that got him space to allow him to set Aguero on his way. He also assisted KDB which is probably the assist you were referring to as it was the most direct assist but that wasn't my pick of the game.

Against Burnley no assists, no goals... but then who else did other than Danilo? He fluffed a chance... get over it.

Also why are you so mad about dropping 2 points to Burnley away?

We shall leave it,there is no point in emotions getting in the way of a debate,my final say will be I hope he plays ever so well,if not better,this next month is the biggest one of the season,especially with Sane being out,my faith is in Sterling to produce the goods,my fingers are well and truly crossed along with everything fucking else

It seems there's a minority that think every dip in form is the truer indication of the real level Sterling is at, as if he's been over performing making their opinions look bad for the majority of the season.

For me it is a dip in form and it happens to have a come at a bad time, with Sané and Jesus injured we are having to rely on Raheem a lot more heavily recently and it doesn't help that he has to switch to the left wing to accommodate Bernardo Silva. Not knocking Bernardo as I want him to get game time, it's just obvious Sterling is far more effective from the right wing and he's become very comfortable there. Ideally with a dip in form we'd let someone else start and make him earn his starting place back and we would be starting him from his favoured position when he does start, at least while he regains it.

We shall leave it,there is no point in emotions getting in the way of a debate,my final say will be I hope he plays ever so well,if not better,this next month is the biggest one of the season,especially with Sane being out,my faith is in Sterling to produce the goods,my fingers are well and truly crossed along with everything fucking else
Agreed things always seem worse immediately after dropping points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.