Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
not really, it's not so much a debate more me stating facts and you delivering a Trumpian diatribe.

Just saying what I see,saying what I see,and I'm not on my own,no Trumpian puns needed

But to clarify a few things- I've never said he is shit,questioned his desire,yes,ridiculed him for poor games,yes,but still support him as he plays for us,and will do until he is sold

Just saying what I see,saying what I see,and I'm not on my own,no Trumpian puns needed

But to clarify a few things- I've never said he is shit,questioned his desire,yes,ridiculed him for poor games,yes,but still support him as he plays for us,and will do until he is sold

questioned his desire? dear God. Guy comes from Jamaica, had a fatherless upbringing, has worked his arse off coming from the technical football hotbeds of England and Jamaica, has taken every opportunity to improve himself, challenge himself and back himself by taking unpopular moves because he saw the potential and opportunity to become better and be successful, and you question HIS desire? Simply outrageous.

Ridicule him for poor games? Says it all about you. Like I said, I don't see Sane, Kun, KDB, Dave getting the same treatment. Maybe because of their backgrounds. I don't see much in the name of support, considering you don't hold him to same criteria as his team-mates.

questioned his desire? dear God. Guy comes from Jamaica, had a fatherless upbringing, has worked his arse off coming from the technical football hotbeds of England and Jamaica, has taken every opportunity to improve himself, challenge himself and back himself by taking unpopular moves because he saw the potential and opportunity to become better and be successful, and you question HIS desire? Simply outrageous.

Ridicule him for poor games? Says it all about you. Like I said, I don't see Sane, Kun, KDB, Dave getting the same treatment. Maybe because of their backgrounds. I don't see much in the name of support, considering you don't hold him to same criteria as his team-mates.
Bizarre how we all see things differently isn't it? Desire is one thing I would never question in Sterling. He's by no means perfect but he has clearly worked damned hard at his game since Pep arrived and that straight away tells me he doesn't lack desire. And on the pitch, even when he isn't playing particularly well, I always think he works really hard to help out his full back, he's rarely, if ever, a waste of a shirt. Plenty of desire there for me.

Could go on all day,but there is no point,as you have already established I ain't a fan boy,what the hell backgrounds has got to do with it has lost me.

Say's it all about me ? You don't know me to comment,in fact that is quite funny really,you would love to have a pint with me,you would see me in a different light.

Bizarre how we all see things differently isn't it? Desire is one thing I would never question in Sterling. He's by no means perfect but he has clearly worked damned hard at his game since Pep arrived and that straight away tells me he doesn't lack desire. And on the pitch, even when he isn't playing particularly well, I always think he works really hard to help out his full back, he's rarely, if ever, a waste of a shirt. Plenty of desire there for me.

Maybe you are right,the word desire was possibly too big a word to use,because I must admit if there is no desire in a Guardiola side then you won't be selected,so I'll take that one back

Could go on all day,but there is no point,as you have already established I ain't a fan boy,what the hell backgrounds has got to do with it has lost me.

Say's it all about me ? You don't know me to comment,in fact that is quite funny really,you would love to have a pint with me,you would see me in a different light.

it has everything to do about it. He wouldn't be where he is today without it. You don't know me to comment about whether I'd want a pint with you.

Very few things mark out a complete idiot more convincingly than denouncing facts as "geeky stats".

He's our second highest scorer. He's scored half a dozen last minute goals to save us. These are not things you can pretend didn't happen, your opinion he's shit does not overrule those facts.

When this season, and any silverware alongside it is remembered, Raheem Sterling's last minute goals against Everton, Bournemouth, Southampton and Huddersfield, putting us 7 points ahead of where we'd be without them, will be remembered.

Opinions are great; facts are better.

When people start ridiculing their own players, they really need to #### off and "support" another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.