Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
what makes my blood boils, is that he gets in great positions with clear cut chances only for him to keep wasting them with consistency. I wouldnt take it from him, the point he won us, but still in this team with the amount of creativity behind him he should do better and he knows it.
Im gussing if he stalls on the contract the penny will drop and he will be replaced

Tbf the only thing he gets criticism for is his finishing and rightfully so. It's frustration over anything else, as his positioning and movement are just waiting for his finishing to catch up then we have one of the best wingers in the world on our team.

Yeah, I get his finishing could improve and the one obvious chance he could have done better with but the other chances I just think was good defending tbh, that last ditch tackle by Sanchez was fantastic but many don't get that and instead just slate Sterling for a bad finish regardless.

We need to support this kid
He was desperate to come here and took a lot of shit for it
He is frustrating at times
But you can see he beats himself up about it (so he knows when he fucks up)
What he needs is a bit of backing get confidence up and he will score and create a hat full of goals

Maybe it's just me but I can't remember a player who's contributed so much to his side winning the be derived so much by his own fanbase.

People need to stop listening to the media when it comes to Sterling and to start watching his actual performances. We're lucky to have him.

We need to support this kid
He was desperate to come here and took a lot of shit for it
He is frustrating at times
But you can see he beats himself up about it (so he knows when he fucks up)
What he needs is a bit of backing get confidence up and he will score and create a hat full of goals
He is supported at games, well supported in fact

Maybe it's just me but I can't remember a player who's contributed so much to his side winning the be derived so much by his own fanbase.

People need to stop listening to the media when it comes to Sterling and to start watching his actual performances. We're lucky to have him.

Exactly. Is he perfect? No. But some of the criticism he gets on here after the way he's played this season beggars belief.

It's not his own fanbase though, it's just a determined handful of dickheads who refuse to accept what he's done & just look at what he hasn't.

Most of the City fans are right behind him & take him for what he is: a brilliant player who has some weak points in his game. Most have supported him & cheered him, even after his misses v Utd.

Of course, if he continues to miss chances & another player comes along who is as good & scores them, his place will be under pressure, but that's football. He, & the team need to keep improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.