Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must agree.

I have spent a week defending him against unwarranted abuse. But that dive was stupid, and deserved criticism.
We complain at the FA for not taking a more radical view on this type of cheating and yet when its one of our own,it suddenly becomes an issue.
I love Sterling,never knock him,but in this instance he was out of order,which is a shame as he`s seen as a diver.However the number of penalties he`s lost out on last season was crazy.But this doesn`t help his case one little bit as he`ll be perceived by PL refs as a constant diver.

Interesting that 3 papers (Independent, Mirror & Mail) actually had articles stating that he was the most dangerous player in England's team by a mile.

Fucking stupid dive mind. Why the feck does he even try it? It just makes it less likely to get a pen when he really is hacked down.

So are you happy seeing a City player acting like a twat.The number of posts on here condoning the like of Young and Co for the same thing,should tell you something.You sound like one of those people "don`t do as I do,do as I say".
You need to grow a pair and realise that City players are NOT exempt from criticism where warranted.In this case it certainly is.
He's got previous for it in an England shirt, and I called him for it at the time. I will never condone diving, even if it is by one of our own. It's a blight on the fucking game, but one that has become acceptable by some in the media and punditry (all that simulation bollocks - it's diving and cheating).

Let's just hope he doesn't do it again. I heard it being discussed on the radio this morning, and the opening line was "he's got this kind of thing in his locker" - bastards, but in this instance, he's given them the ammunition - to be fair, if it was Alli he'd get slaughtered as well.

He's got previous for it in an England shirt, and I called him for it at the time. I will never condone diving, even if it is by one of our own. It's a blight on the fucking game, but one that has become acceptable by some in the media and punditry (all that simulation bollocks - it's diving and cheating).

Let's just hope he doesn't do it again. I heard it being discussed on the radio this morning, and the opening line was "he's got this kind of thing in his locker" - bastards, but in this instance, he's given them the ammunition - to be fair, if it was Alli he'd get slaughtered as well.
Spot on malg. However I think the word "ammunition" is the least appropriate word you could use about him at the moment. ;)

Fcuks sake it was only a friendly and anyway there's a case to be made that he was trying to get out of the way of the keeper.
Let's give the benefit of the doubt to one of our own particularly when the media are giving him such a hard time.

And he does get fouled alot because if his speed and trickery. And often they are not given.
Quite. But if he does what he did yesterday it makes it less likely that one will be given. Pep keeps telling him and it is sinking in for us, but not for England it would appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.