Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agenda? What the fuck are you talking about? Why would I have an agenda?

How many were poor then Tom? Made it to the semi final of a World Cup despite more than one of your regulars being poor, Southgate must be a fucking genius then.

I didn’t say you, it was a comparison of something quick.....

How many was poor? Alli was the poorest. Sterling and Lingard pretty similar level of average. Dier and Rashford bobbins each time they come on. Are you one of these who think England were fantastic or do you have half a brain cell and realise we played teams ranked below us and the second we came up against any one half decent we lost?

I didn’t say you, it was a comparison of something quick.....

How many was poor? Alli was the poorest. Sterling and Lingard pretty similar level of average. Dier and Rashford bobbins each time they come on. Are you one of these who think England were fantastic or do you have half a brain cell and realise we played teams ranked below us and the second we came up against any one half decent we lost?

I thought overall they played well, nothing special but each one of them to a man, ran their bollocks off and gave everything they had.

I don't think any of them had a poor performance overall.

I thought overall they played well, nothing special but each one of them to a man, ran their bollocks off and gave everything they had.

I don't think any of them had a poor performance overall.

Then you’re biased and slightly deluded, love the loyalty though. Playing teams worse than you bar one then you’d expect to win them games.

Then you’re biased and slightly deluded, love the loyalty though. Playing teams worse than you bar one then you’d expect to win them games.

Ok Tom, seems the mods deemed this post as acceptable and deleted the rest, so let's start again and try to be civil eh?

I am Irish, so I have no bias or loyalty toward England, I viewed their performance from a neutral standpoint.

I also don't appreciate being called deluded, I find it antagonising.

Another weird way to justify a poor tournament. Want to stick to real stats like he only contributed to one goal all tournament. Against Panama
It was just an interesting stat. Particularly for those that thought that Sterling in the team was holding England back.

The team clearly played better over several games when he was on the pitch.

I don't know how you define contributing to a goal, or whether you use the same definition for all players.

I was expecting to have a huge tournament and really shut up the critics.

He did not. He was average at best, and yes he tracked back really well and effort was not the problem, but to be considered among the best, you've got to do more on the biggest stage. It may have been tactics, it may have been the level of players around him, it may have been the occasion was too bright, but he didnt play the way we all have seen him do in a City shirt. That spark was missing.

I'm sad for Raheem as he is one I cheer the loudest for, a kid who gets shit off everyone and still smiles.

His story is far from over and I expect more big things from him to come. It just wasn't his tournament. Perhaps we can get to a certain semi final this year and he can really shine.. I'll be cheering for him loudly.

Ok Tom, seems the mods deemed this post as acceptable and deleted the rest, so let's start again and try to be civil eh?

I am Irish, so I have no bias or loyalty toward England, I viewed their performance from a neutral standpoint.

I also don't appreciate being called deluded, I find it antagonising.
Can you please not use words like antagonising on here half of us don't know how to say it never mind know the meaning of it hostile will suffice for future reference:)

Another weird way to justify a poor tournament. Want to stick to real stats like he only contributed to one goal all tournament. Against Panama
I don’t think Sterling was particularly good all tournament, okay in some games, poor in others, but England only scored two goals from open play all tournament and Raz got an assist for one of them. All the rest were contributed to by crosses from corners or free kicks or penalties or deflections

Fundamentally there was an issue with England creating any chances from open play, probably stemming from no midfield creatively.

No attacking player is going to thrive in a system that starves its attack, this isnt due to one player not performing, the tactics were wrong and Sterling playing like Messi wouldnt have changed it

DiAbbQOX4AEvE45.jpg

Fundamentally there was an issue with England creating any chances from open play, probably stemming from no midfield creatively.

No attacking player is going to thrive in a system that starves its attack, this isnt due to one player not performing, the tactics were wrong and Sterling playing like Messi wouldnt have changed it

DiAbbQOX4AEvE45.jpg

There is an easy solution though, which is simply to replace either Alli or Lingard with a passer - Winks, Lallana, Wilshere. Lallana in particular can do all the running and pressing of the other two, but also make a simple pass, although he is a bellend and I'd not love to see him in the side.

I lost count of the number of times I saw Lingard watch Kane or Sterling make a perfect run and then bottle an easy pass to put the through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.