Raheem Sterling - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know about player of the year, but he’s definitely a candidate for person of the year. His courage, candour, and honesty mark him as an exceptional person both on and off the pitch.

Kind of annoys me how some of the media have jumped on the band wagon with him. Through social media, sterling has received tons of praise (mainly amongst the younger generation) and now it seems the media have latched on to that and are now celebrating him like he's turned a corner over the last 6 months. He's been like this for 2 years or more now.

Kind of annoys me how some of the media have jumped on the band wagon with him. Through social media, sterling has received tons of praise (mainly amongst the younger generation) and now it seems the media have latched on to that and are now celebrating him like he's turned a corner over the last 6 months. He's been like this for 2 years or more now.

As a player a lot of what we are seeing this season has been developing over the last couple of years but what we have seen this season has been a step up. The finishing has improved considerably, illustrated very much by the execution of his goal last night.

I would suggest the Chelsea incident seems strangely to have done him no harm infact may well be the thing that has completed the job bringing on the maturity that now sees him have the confidence to speak out in a balanced but no nonsense manner. The player that now has the confidence to mentor younger players by sharing his own shortcomings through his teens and early 20s.

The media are the media and will not change a veritable cesspit populated by serpents wallowing in shit.

As any City fan will know he has been improving and getting better since Pep got hold of him, but to be fair the biggest steps he has taken have certainly come in the last 6 months.

Ironically as wrong as the racism is, it may be that very evil that in no small part has been the making of Raheem Sterling.

I'd say Sterling has now become world class, and I don't say that lightly.

Everyone has a different definition, but for me the fairest is "Would he get in a world squad" and I think the answer now is probably yes.

I couldn't be more pleased for him after the bullying he has had from the press and from every football pub bore in the country.

16/1 with Sky Bet for BBC Sports Personality of The Year already...

If we win 2 out of the 3 trophies at least & England win the Nations League then he will have a big part to play in all of it. Throw in his rise off the pitch in tackling racism then come June those odds could be a lot shorter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.