Raheem Sterling - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling Tom.

I'm here. I didn't watch England, I try not too. Not seen the highlights so can't comment on his overall game play but fuck me what a strike for that first goal. Reminded me of Owens v Argentina the way it went in, only more powerful. I've pretty much had nothing but good things to say about him this season and rightly so, even the Liverpool game. It goes unnoticed but that's called balance and being able to acknowledge good performances. It's crazy though, when he plays badly for England there's a list as long as your arm for why he has, scores for the first time in three years and now England form can be used again haha. Fickle.

Slight side note and possibly in the wrong thread but I have read nothing but glowing reviews about him last night and most of the season, hopefully people can stop being so defensive over him if he is finally getting a fairer ride in the media, Tylers reaction to his first goal says it all.

Is he that limited?

Limited? No, but his greatest asset, his pace, needs to be utilised to get the best from him. Shoehorning him into a role that limits the space he has to work in is daft imo.

Tbf if Southgate wants to get the best from Sancho he needs to do the same with him but that would entail ditching the three at the back and making a choice between Walker and Tripper, which I believe he struggles with, understandably I may add.

What do you think?

I don't think he is no, where did he play last night? I presume was it more out wide rather than behind Kane like at the World Cup? He is a good enough player to perform in either position for. It's not like he was playing right back instead he was still in an attacking role. Obviously he is more suited wide but I am not having he hadn't scored for 3 years because he hadn't played there for a bit.

Can't believe he failed to get a hat trick. He always comes up short for England, doesn't he?

I don't think he is no, where did he play last night? I presume was it more out wide rather than behind Kane like at the World Cup? He is a good enough player to perform in either position for. It's not like he was playing right back instead he was still in an attacking role. Obviously he is more suited wide but I am not having he hadn't scored for 3 years because he hadn't played there for a bit.

Raheem can play across the front line,he has the pace,awareness and mobility to do so comfortably.Last night he played on the right but was given a freedom to come inside,the position he was in to score his second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.