Raheem Sterling - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the season where to end now, Sterling would be a very serious contender for POTY. In terms of direct contribution to goals we have scored he come first. In fact in terms of productivity he is number one in the league.

Personally for POTY I would go for Silva because he has been super consistent and has been scoring goals of late even from midfield. Not to mention his influence in the middle of the park where he has no rival.

See the stats below:

Top City goalscorers

Aguero 8
Sterling 7
Sane 5
Silva 5
Mahrez 4
Bernado 3

Top City Assisters

Sterling 6
Mendy 5
Aguero 4
Sane 4
Bernado 3
Silva 2
Fernandinho 2
Gundogan 2

Number of points for direct involvement in a goal i.e. goal plus assist score
Sterling 13
Aguero 12
Sane 9
Silva 7
Bernado 6

See how his counterparts from other teams are faring:
Hazard 7+4=11
Salah 7+3=10
Kane 7+1=8
Aubaumeyang 7+1=8
Sigurdsson 6+2=8
Mane 6+1=7
Martial 6+0=6

This can't be true. Where is record-signing Pogba and record wages Sanchez ?????

I'm unconvinced they ever really were.Their best young talent walking out on them,and signing for the new kids......was a huge reality check that they tried to nonchalantly brush off,when the fact is.....it was a fuck off huge kick to the bollocks that hurt them very badly.
Na the deluded f*ckers actually thought Ibe was better hahah

It’s interesting to read that according to the Beeb’s stats Raheem’s accuracy in terms of shots on target is significantly higher than Sergio’s! I will admit that I hadn’t realized that, and I suspect I’m not alone. The thing is, people get hypnotised by his mistakes, which are sometimes glaring (not so much for us any more, more for England). So relieved he’s signed for us again. He could go to Real Madrid, Barcelona, wherever he likes. Up to a point, his staying eases the pain of probably losing Brahim. There are just too many bloody good wingers in this team.

I'm unconvinced they ever really were.Their best young talent walking out on them,and signing for the new kids......was a huge reality check that they tried to nonchalantly brush off,when the fact is.....it was a fuck off huge kick to the bollocks that hurt them very badly.
Hahaha, it’s fucking great isn’t it?!

It’s interesting to read that according to the Beeb’s stats Raheem’s accuracy in terms of shots on target is significantly higher than Sergio’s! I will admit that I hadn’t realized that, and I suspect I’m not alone. The thing is, people get hypnotised by his mistakes, which are sometimes glaring (not so much for us any more, more for England). So relieved he’s signed for us again. He could go to Real Madrid, Barcelona, wherever he likes. Up to a point, his staying eases the pain of probably losing Brahim. There are just too many bloody good wingers in this team.
That’s a stat not to be taken too seriously though because unless they have had the same shots from the same place under the same pressure, it’s an unfair test.

Raz could have had 15 shots from 6 yards out and 6 from 15 yards+; and Kun could have had 15 shots from 15 yards+ and 6 from 6 yards out.

Are you sure ? John Aldridge stated they wouldnt miss Sterling because Jordan Ibe was the better player , maybe the kick in the bollocks clouded his judgement.

That’s a stat not to be taken too seriously though because unless they have had the same shots from the same place under the same pressure, it’s an unfair test.

Raz could have had 15 shots from 6 yards out and 6 from 15 yards+; and Kun could have had 15 shots from 15 yards+ and 6 from 6 yards out.

Yeap,plus a shot on target can be a shit scuffed shit straight at the keeper and a shot off target could be a brilliant 25 yard curler that hit the inside of the post and comes out.

A better stat to use is expected goals vs actual goals. Sterling has scored 1.4 goals (yes I know) more this season than expected based on the position of the shots he has taken. Aguero has scored 0.76 less than would be expected. So on this basis, Sterling has been the better finisher this year.

A better stat to use is expected goals vs actual goals. Sterling has scored 1.4 goals (yes I know) more this season than expected based on the position of the shots he has taken. Aguero has scored 0.76 less than would be expected. So on this basis, Sterling has been the better finisher this year.
So you are saying he is World Class? :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.