#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's irrelevant.

Because bluemoon is an accurate indicator of player performances, and not hugely overcritical of some players and influenced by bias...

He's got 3 goals, 1 assist in his last 4 games. He's got 5 goals, 4 assists in his last 9. That's coming in to good form. If he kept this form for an entire season he'd get 50 combined goals + assists.

Call it a hunch.
Match day threads fucking lol

Reactions: kun
Happy with that back 4. I would then consider sticking Fern in alongside Rodri. Put Gundogan where you have Foden and put Foden out wide left with Torres on the bench.

——————-Jesus———————-
Foden—-Gundogan——-Bernardo
—————Fern———Rodri————
Zin——Dias——-Stones——-Cancelo
Like the look of this team. Unfortunately I think Sterling (and mahrez) at this particular moment in the season are luxury players we can I’ll afford away at Anfield. That’s not to say they can’t make an impact from the bench, but I expect Liverpool to come out hard in the first 20-25 minutes and we can’t have players unwilling to do the dirty work also.

Not sure if i,m adding much to this discussion,but i was very very impressed with Sterlings involvement in the 1st goal v burnley.
To receive,a high lofted pass,when you are out on the left wide midfield...to be able to chest the ball ,gain control,kill the ball dead,...and nutmeg the full back in the blink of an eye......and then move in wth a dangerous ,searching pass towards the penalty area with a guided ,side-footed,low pass..and then move ,as if to recieive it back,spreading panic across the oppenents back line,..Thats class.
Sterling made it all look very easy but you have appreciate the high technique needed to pull of what he did.
The burnley full back would have been told,watch him closely,get into him etc..and..watching the high ball to Sterling ,may have thought...no immediate danger here/he is going nowhere.....
Sterling turned that situation into a goal...Fantastically skilled approach play,from a player asked to turn out on his weaker' left side.
It was absolute quality.
tad over the top, first touch off the chest went too far, trying to control it it deflected off defenders leg, luckily went through said legs to Sterling's right foot to an open lane and straightforward pass to Bernie who made the brilliant turn to get the shot off quickly.
Hey it worked out, chuffed for everyone, like I said I do like him, and agreeing with others that we are better,
with him on the right.

tad over the top, first touch off the chest went too far, trying to control it it deflected off defenders leg, luckily went through said legs to Sterling's right foot to an open lane and straightforward pass to Bernie who made the brilliant turn to get the shot off quickly.
Hey it worked out, chuffed for everyone, like I said I do like him, and agreeing with others that we are better,
with him on the right.
More accurate assessment,

Now that turn from Bernie, that was a thing of beauty.

with him on the right.
You make your own luck but i take your point...

It was his speed of movement which created the opening tho
The straightforward pass as you call if...was what pep preaches,..do the simple thing..the dummy run for return then created the panic..

Bernardos wonderfully brilliant part in the goal is a given ...but i concentrated on Sterlings involvement..

I still think it was a brilliant peice of play from him and the burnley defender will stull be chasing his shadow now..,days after the event.

All 3 players involved showed brilliant incisive reactions,not least Jesus who reactee so quickly to the spillee shot from keepers save and..headed neatly and accurately into the bottom corner furthest away from the keeper with a cushioned downward header

It was all so quick.and looked easy......but only because the players involved are working at an extremely high level and working as a team,for each other.

Fair play,second half especially he gave it his best today and while not everything came off,he looked much better.

His best performance of the season so far. I’ve given him a lot of stick in the past but he was class tonight. Deserved to get on the scoresheet and I’m glad he did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.