Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

So we're all delighted a younger more inexperienced player was grappled by an older head in the canteen and then got booed by his own fans?

Get a fucking grip. If someone older scratched up Raheems face and he got booed we'd be going mad on here.
You sound personally impacted by this. Feeling victimised?

Very rarely watch an England game & am happily surprised this morning by reading on here a chunk of the crowd by booing Gomez have come out and actively supported our player.

I'm sure like Comical Ali it'll all be spun in the media about a poor innocent dipper player having his confidence in tatters.

Phil McNutty at the BBC immediately labelled the booing as 'pathetic'. I wonder if he immediately denounced the booing of Sterling when it first occurred. I can't be mithered searching the archive for that DipperGobshite's offerings but I would be extremely surprised had he scribbled one word of condemnation.

All speculation of course but my version of happenings is that Raheem took the usual crap at Pool together with O'Liver pool allowing physical extras. He took this as well as verbal banter.
Gomez decided to continue the verbal attack at St George thinking Raheem was weak and would not respond.
Raheem taught him a lesson on protocol without losing his temper ie worked him over systematically and expected punishment.
Gomez becomes a victim but has been put in his place and is unlikely to mistake indifference to verbal and physical attacks during games as cowardice.
Raheem takes his initial punishment but senior players educate Southgate who offers Raheem a return. Raheem takes the return and simply acts as though nothing has happened by working hard in training for the England Team.
Raheem criticises Gomez booing because unlike Raheem, Gomez has a fragile nature and needs protection during the game.

The amount of LFC fans in this thread trying to spread their fakery is unbelievable. Never see it from other fans. So much desparation.

Is our forum run by the var team? This shit happens on rawk and its locked down immediately. There's people here from months ago still spreading 'their' version of events from a "City fan" point of view

Last edited:
Football fans are often labeled as morons by the so-called intelligentsia in the media. Usually, fans just go along with what benefits their club despite the rights and wrongs but it was pretty transparent that Gomez disrespected his international team-mate at Anfield and whether you like Sterling or not you can relate to his position. It's one thing geting targeted by an enemy. It's kind of a back-handed compliment in a way. But when an international team-mate tries to exploit it, that's crossing a line.

What has happened since is that Sterling has owned the situation and re-drawn the line.

Who am i winding up? iv'e been on hear for over 10 years and never had so much as a warning, defo not a WUM mate. i honestly go home and away watching us and have had a season ticket since 1996. All i am saying mate is that Gomez done nothing wrong, and we would go mad if it was the other way around

The booing was unfair on Gomez. I think it’s a reflection on how unpopular Liverpool are (outside their supporters) and Gareth May have handled the situation better. He had the right to drop Sterling as you say but he seems to hunt the media’s favour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.