Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

I just see the “you’re a grown man“ phrase gather popularity. It’s an Americanism and bugs me slightly.

Nothing personal!

None taken mate - I thought it was very funny!

We all have our personal frustrations when it comes to perceived corruptions of the way we enjoy language, so I fully support you in expressing yours!

I could pull you up on using ‘bugs me’ - which is derived from an American simplification of all insects into ‘bugs’, even when they very clearly aren’t.

A bug is actually a very specific subset of insect - but we’re straying way off topic here!

None taken mate - I thought it was very funny!

We all have our personal frustrations when it comes to perceived corruptions of the way we enjoy language, so I fully support you in expressing yours!

I could pull you up on using ‘bugs me’ - which is derived from an American simplification of all insects into ‘bugs’, even when they very clearly aren’t.

A bug is actually a very specific subset of insect - but we’re straying way off topic here!
Whereas in America, it’s a rabbit.

Now he's finally left I can say hand on heart I have never rated him as a player. His first touch is awful and I used to nearly cry with frustration seeing him name on the teamsheet. I honestly think he was a plague on the squad he killed so many attacks with his terrible first touch. Some of the misses just beggared belief it was consistent every single week aswell. Doesn't surprise me to see his shirt non signing actions as he was always disrespectful with a chip on his shoulder. Never saw him involved in any City in the community stuff and I thought appearing on the front page of Marca in a real madrid scarf was incredibly disrespectful to the City fans.

I was only marginally less excited to see his stupid face in a Chelsea shirt than I was signing Haaland. I've never been one to slag City players but I have being holding my tongue on Raheem for years and Im relieved to finally speak freely about him. Absolutely bobbins and I hope his career spirals into obscurity.
Tell us how you really feel.

Now prepare yourself, you might get abuse from the Sterling FC brigade.

And strengthened the team to boot.
Also partly clears the path for Palmer and McAtee.
Haaland plus Alvarez and the promise of these two is much better than the two who have gone.
Yup 200+ goals and 100+ assists are easy enough to replicate, no pressure on Alverez and the two young lads at all, much better than those lads that left.

nah, it is because the way people have been posting ie like in your bolded part.

You say just say good luck etc and then take two snide digs at the same time, there isn't a need, is there?

As you said wish him well and thank him for his servitude don't bother with the digs.
Ah, I see how it can be seen that way.

I just put that there as that’s what people usually go on about. I wasn’t trying to stick a boot in but I can see how you saw it that way.

It was more of a ‘this is what you normally have an issue with but he’s gone now so you won’t have to see it anymore’ type of comment. If it’s misunderstood that way such is life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.