Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluwes said:
Marvin said:
It's in the media because LFC put it there in the first place.

Booed by fans at their player's award ceremony tonight

Here's Lawro on Sterling : http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02rrxxr
He doesn't think he'd get in our team.

I think he would.

Front 3 of Bony, Aguero, Sterling would terrify the Premiership. That's got just about everything. Pace, finishing, power.

To play 433 we'll need an upgrade in midfield though. One of Fernando/Fernandinho, Silva and a Pogba type player. Milner might work if we play him in central midfield.

How often do you see City stuck on the edge of the area unable to break a defence down with endless sideways passes. And then it goes out to Navas out wide and fans get impatient cos he then cuts inside and runs the width of the pitch. Sterling is one of the few players in the Premiership who can beat a man in the blink of an eye. Love to see him at City. Playing with our players he'd progress.

LFC should maybe look to a do a deal for Dzeko or Jovetic because their problem is going to be getting top players to go there.

Sorry don't like to disagree with posters,as we all have our own opinions, but seriously you were doing fine until you said Milner in Central Midfield

Yeah that threw me off. Sure he runs around a lot but that dun mean he can CM in a top class team. There is a reason Mancini and MP were both very reluctant to play him there. Both managers see him up close in training sessions almost every week and won trophies. they probably know better than random internet football fans.

CityStu said:
welsh_andy said:
no sorry
dont rate the guy compared to our squad, he sign for the cash, he be a bench warmer. he may be a good player, but not upto our standard imo

So you think Navas is better?

Sterling's far from the finished article but the potential is there. He has attributes that we need (pace and the desire to take a man on) and he's home grown, which helps.

hell no, navas cant cross a road never mind a ball, but, the only reason we interested is hes english point blank, he seriously isnt good enough imo. although i would loved to be proved wrong

welsh_andy said:
CityStu said:
welsh_andy said:
no sorry
dont rate the guy compared to our squad, he sign for the cash, he be a bench warmer. he may be a good player, but not upto our standard imo

Sterling's far from the finished article but the potential is there. He has attributes that we need (pace and the desire to take a man on) and he's home grown, which helps.

hell no, navas cant cross a road never mind a ball, but, the only reason we interested is hes english point blank, he seriously isnt good enough imo. although i would loved to be proved wrong
Well as many have tried to say, he's only 20 why on earth do everyone judge him like he's in his prime? I'm absolutely sure he'll develop great with the attacking players we've got. He can only link up properly with Coutinho for Liverpool, the rest of their attack is pretty much useless, I would sign him if we have the chance, no doubt, especially also because he's english and home grown.

welsh_andy said:
CityStu said:
welsh_andy said:
no sorry

Just remind us all on ... how many assists has Navas had this season ?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
stony said:
I'm not sure if the c**tish coterie of ex Liverpool players slagging him off in the media is funny or disturbing. Other clubs have ex players sticking up for them, but only Liverpool and the rags do it with such acidic and nauseating regularity.
"It's all about the money" seems to be the official mantra for these semi literate has-been's.
I would fucking love it if Sterling's next wage is £99,000 PW. Just a grand short of what the candle lighters have offered.
The look on the face of John "show me the pie" Barnes would be priceless.
Barnes was hilarious on Talksport this morning. He was trying his best to sound philosophical about Sterling moving to City, but you could tell it irritated him greatly. There was a simmering undercurrent of bile. He was then asked about Benteke moving to Liverpool and his tone changed immediately. Saying what a great move it would be for him. No thought for Villa or their fans, of course. Fucking clown.

They have no self-awareness. Thoughtless hypocrisy are mandatory requirements of the ex-Liverpool player nowadays.

oakiecokie said:
welsh_andy said:
CityStu said:

not off hand but im betting its single figures in pl. red face at ready if wrong, but iirc 9

bluwes said:
Marvin said:
It's in the media because LFC put it there in the first place.

Booed by fans at their player's award ceremony tonight

Here's Lawro on Sterling : http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02rrxxr
He doesn't think he'd get in our team.

I think he would.

Front 3 of Bony, Aguero, Sterling would terrify the Premiership. That's got just about everything. Pace, finishing, power.

To play 433 we'll need an upgrade in midfield though. One of Fernando/Fernandinho, Silva and a Pogba type player. Milner might work if we play him in central midfield.

How often do you see City stuck on the edge of the area unable to break a defence down with endless sideways passes. And then it goes out to Navas out wide and fans get impatient cos he then cuts inside and runs the width of the pitch. Sterling is one of the few players in the Premiership who can beat a man in the blink of an eye. Love to see him at City. Playing with our players he'd progress.

LFC should maybe look to a do a deal for Dzeko or Jovetic because their problem is going to be getting top players to go there.

Sorry don't like to disagree with posters,as we all have our own opinions, but seriously you were doing fine until you said Milner in Central Midfield

He should've been playing centre mid for us 5 years ago. People forget that the best year of his career, which led to us signing him, was epitomised by his performances in centre mid.

welsh_andy said:
oakiecokie said:
welsh_andy said:

not off hand but im betting its single figures in pl. red face at ready if wrong, but iirc 9

Is that more than Silva then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.