Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the 2013/4 season on Slysports yesterday. Obviously most of it was about the dippers so it showed Sterling linking up with Suarez, Sturridge and Gerrard when he looked his best. Imagine him linking up with Silva, Sergio, Yaya who are better collectively (and individually).
I agree, I think what didn't help him last season was that with Suarez gone and Sturridge injured for large parts of the season, he (and maybe Coutinho) was their only threat in attack, so this meant teams would purposely set out to cut off the space for Sterling. When Suarez and Sturridge were playing alongside him the opposition had more to worry about so it allowed Sterling more space to take advantage of. It we get him then it could go two ways, either the opposition will continue to set out to stop Silva which means more space for Sterling, or they will set out to stop Sterling which means more space for Silva. Either way it will benefit us a lot and will go a long way to breaking down teams who park the bus.

I`ve been saying this for ages.Can`t wait for him to link up with Silva and find the space behind a defence.Only have to look at his game when we played them at City and he had that "goal" chalked off,for off-side.
I couldn`t give a flying fuck how much we paid and certainly for a 20 year old who is actually proven at PL level,what a signing.

I agree completely

He reminds me of Wright- Phillips in his prime. Lightning fast, excellent dribbler and a surprisingly good finisher, too. But one could argue he's superior technically than SWP ever was.

He reminds me of Wright- Phillips in his prime. Lightning fast, excellent dribbler and a surprisingly good finisher, too. But one could argue he's superior technically than SWP ever was.

The difference imo is he's potentially a bit more smart. SWP showed his limitations mentally, compared to the top players we have now. Sterling has the potential (only potential at this point) to learn to be considerably sharper than SWP imo.

If SWP was coming through City's academy now, I imagine he would have it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.