Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
No disrespect but, all of the above names have been doing the rounds in the media for weeks/months now. I'm not sure how repeating those names and the speculation around them on here constitutes 'inside info'.

I don't want to be a killjoy but I haven't seen anything on here that hasn't been said elsewhere.
None taken (although you received the expected mild abuse for it ;) ). I don't know if you're aware but Tolmie apparently (people on here know him) works in the media and he is closer (to other folk?) who are a lot closer to the inner circle than almost everybody else around here (there's 1 or 2 others).

He's not actively involved with the club or the transfers themselves but he does get information (even if only earlier than we do). He's been pushing these transfers for quite awhile now and seems to be indicating that we're home and dry on them now. Of course we were home and dry (even closer probably) with Isco and he got hijacked at the last minute, there's a scientific term for that, "shit happens".

From what I infer from where we are at the moment, it's just a case of sorting out how much their clubs want.

Times: Manchester City are set to meet Liverpool’s 50m valuation of Raheem Sterling following the lifting of their FFP sanctions

It's a great job being one of these sport journo types.

You can just basically say anything as if it's a fact, then say the opposite, then say what you said in the first place again, & nobody will hold you accountable for any of it. Then if you make sure the very last piece you write appears as if you knew it all along, you can just pretend you never said anything else.

It's a great job being one of these sport journo types.

You can just basically say anything as if it's a fact, then say the opposite, then say what you said in the first place again, & nobody will hold you accountable for any of it. Then if you make sure the very last piece you write appears as if you knew it all along, you can just pretend you never said anything else.

I'm struggling to think of any other job with such little accountability.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2015/...on-by-ffp-to-lodge-third-raheem-sterling-bid/

'But now, after receiving the go ahead from FFP, City are prepared to up their offer – potentially to meet our £50m asking price, although there’s a much stronger likelihood that a compromise will be reached.

This all seems rather strange. The Mail’s story has been reported by a number of sources and is probably true, but it’s worth remembering that despite their restrictions, City still brought in the likes of Wilfried Bony and Eliaquim Mangala last season – how is that meeting any sort of target? Even if they did meet it, surely spending £150m on three players this summer will make a mockery of their previous punishment.'

These fuckers, just like Arse fans & rags etc, know full well that ffp was supposed to stop City, & have no concept of the fact that City actually make more money than most of them do. They just think that ffp is supposed to stop City, end of.

It's going to come as a real shock when it suddenly dawns on all of them, that rather than being 'little City' we are actually chasing up Utd in terms of revenue, & don't have any debt.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2015/...on-by-ffp-to-lodge-third-raheem-sterling-bid/

'But now, after receiving the go ahead from FFP, City are prepared to up their offer – potentially to meet our £50m asking price, although there’s a much stronger likelihood that a compromise will be reached.

This all seems rather strange. The Mail’s story has been reported by a number of sources and is probably true, but it’s worth remembering that despite their restrictions, City still brought in the likes of Wilfried Bony and Eliaquim Mangala last season – how is that meeting any sort of target? Even if they did meet it, surely spending £150m on three players this summer will make a mockery of their previous punishment.'

These fuckers, just like Arse fans & rags etc, know full well that ffp was supposed to stop City, & have no concept of the fact that City actually make more money than most of them do. They just think that ffp is supposed to stop City, end of.

It's going to come as a real shock when it suddenly dawns on all of them, that rather than being 'little City' we are actually chasing up Utd in terms of revenue, & don't have any debt.
You made me feel dirty opening that link (although it was in an incognito window with an Ad blocker to boot).

You left out the final paragraph which was:

Anyway, we can at least take comfort in the fact that we’ve done solid transfer business ourselves this summer, and can look forward to the prospect of Sterling’s sale essentially refunding the money we’ve spent on six players!

Anyone else thinking Spurs/Bale?

Chances are Sterling is going to sign early next week in time for the pre season. Does that make me ITK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.